Uttarakhand confirms first case of UK Covid-19 variant
Uttarakhand has reported the first positive case of the new UK variant of SARS-CoV-2 from Dehradun district.
"A 44-year-old man has contracted the new UK-strain of coronavirus," informed Dr Rajiv Dixit, District Nodal Officer, Covid-19 Control Room.
After the contact tracing, it was found that he came in contact with some UK-returnees.
"This is the first such case found in Uttarakhand. The patient is being treated by a team of specialist doctors at Tilu Ratani Centre," the official said.
In India, the number of people infected with the new UK variant of SARS-CoV-2 has mounted to 109, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare had said on Thursday.
Uttarakhand on Thursday reported 154 cases, taking the state's tally of total cases to 94,324.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad has termed the restrictions as 'stern measures'.
- Uttarakhand government has been seeking Green Bonus as compensation for the conservation of its forests by not expanding the industrial development.
- Indira Hridayesh, Uttarakhand leader of opposition, rubbished the rumours and said that she is in a very important position in Congress.
- The boy's link with the online platform came to light after police officials went through his mobile phone on Wednesday.
- The initiative, Bhuli (sister in Garhwali language) Kanyadan, is the brainchild of Devprayag station house officer.
- Three control rooms will also be made at three UP’s three districts of Muzaffarnagar, Bijnor and Saharanpur bordering Uttarakhand for effective sharing of information and intelligence.
- The HC found that the civil judge had separated the criminal case in his court filed against the accused without there being any valid reason.
- The demand comes months after the Centre decided to discontinue the Centre for Glaciology project in Uttarakhand.
- Among the six bodies, five were found on Saturday late night while one was found on Sunday morning.
- The men belonged to Ratanpura village under Bazpur police station and were on their way to Garjiya temple of Ramnagar in Nainital.
- The leopard dragged her to the forest area and ate her body parts. Her head was found severed from her body.