Eight booked for assaulting finance firm’s employees in Ludhiana
The Sidhwan Bet police have booked eight residents of Bhumal village for thrashing two employees of a finance company on Sunday.
The accused have been identified as Satpal Singh, his wife, Sarbjit Kaur, son Harshdeep Singh, and relatives Charanjit Singh, Vijay, Sunny, Gurdeep Singh and Kamal of Bhumal village, Sidhwan Bet.
The victim, Jagmel Singh, of Jhordan village, Hathur, said he worked as an assistant branch manager at a finance company in Sidhwan Bet.
Sarbjit Kaur had secured a loan from the company against the assurance of repayment through monthly instalments. However, she did not fulfil her commitment despite repeated reminders.
On Sunday, he, along with his colleague, Bhupinder Singh, visited Kaur’s house, where she summoned her husband and relatives and assaulted them.
ASI Surjit Singh, who is investigating the case, said the accused had been booked under Sections 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 148 (rioting, armed with deadly weapons) and 149 (every members of unlawful assembly guilty of offence committed in prosecution of common object) and 427 (mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees) of the Indian Penal Code at the Sidhwan Bet police station. They will be arrested soon, he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A directive by the Bihar police said it was imperative that appropriate action should be taken against persons putting social media posts having offensive or abusive tenor.
- n the missing complaint, family members expressed apprehension that the boy might have crossed to Pakistan since the family lived very close to the Indo-Pak international border and they had relatives in Pabni village in Pakistan.
- BJP’s Barrackpore Lok Sabha member and Rajib Banerjee’s former colleague in the TMC, Arjun Singh said the young minister would be welcomed into the BJP if he decides to join.
- The sand mafia in Bihar was highly frustrated after the state government’s recent ban on transportation of sand and stone chips, by trucks with 14 or more wheels, to prevent overloading.
- Chief minister Ashok Gehlot claimed that Rajasthan was the only state in India to be put in the green category in the detailed evaluation done by the World Health Organization due to better performance on all the parameters of vaccination.
- The IT department sleuths also found an alpha-numeric secret code on each item found in the tunnel. Attempts are on to crack the code.