Fire at BPO office in Sector 64, two employees faint while waiting outside
A major fire broke out at a business process outsourcing centre in Sector 64 around 7.30am on Friday. It took ten fire tenders more than four hours to douse the flames.cities Updated: Jun 10, 2016 23:13 IST
A major fire broke out at a business process outsourcing centre in Sector 64 around 7.30am on Friday. It took ten fire tenders more than four hours to douse the flames.
The fire was reported at DigiCall BPO centre during the company’s morning shift.
“The reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained but it is suspected that a short circuit near the building might have started it,” Sunil Kumar Singh, chief fire officer of Noida, said.
“It (the fire) was during the early morning shift. We had around 15-20 employees in the building when the fire broke out. We immediately evacuated them and asked them to wait outside till the fire was doused. It was 11.30 am when the fire was finally controlled,” a senior employee of the BPO said.
It was reported that two woman employees of the company fainted due to sunstroke, while they were waiting outside the BPO building after being evacuated.
‘’There was an ambulance stationed at the spot. When the girls fainted, we immediately rushed them to the ambulance, where they were given first aid. They are out of danger,” the senior employee said.
First Published: Jun 10, 2016 23:13 IST