Head-on collision between two trucks leaves driver dead at Ludhiana’s Southern Bypass
A 49-year-old truck driver was killed and another suffered injuries in a head-on collision between two trucks at Southern Bypass near Bhai Randhir Singh Nagar in the wee hours of Monday.
According to police, the mishap took place after the other truck driver tried to dodge a pothole on the road.
The deceased has been identified as Surjit Singh, of Deenewal village, Tarn Taran district.
The accident led to a major traffic jam on the road, which was cleared after police reached the spot.
Sub-inspector Madhu Bala, SHO, Sarabha Nagar police station, said one of the trucks, loaded with sand, was going towards Doraha, while Surjit was driving in the opposite direction.
According to preliminary investigation, the truck loaded with sand tried to escape a pothole and came in the middle of the road, causing a collision with Surjit’s truck.
The impact of the crash killed Surjit on the spot, while the other driver also suffered injuries and has been admitted to a hospital.
The SHO said they got to know of the accident after commuters informed the police on Monday morning, following which cops rushed to the spot and got the trucks removed from the road.
The injured truck driver, who remains unidentified, has been booked for rash driving and causing death by negligence following a complaint by the victim’s relatives, who arrived from Tarn Taran.
The body was handed over to them after autopsy at the Ludhiana civil hospital.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- "Every district has set up five such centres today. However, there are 19 such centres in Thane district due to higher demand there. There are 189 such centres in the state exclusively for vaccinating women," the official said.
- The knowledge base and resources of the premier institutions of the country will be leveraged to bring in a transformational change in the rural developmental process, as per the programme objectives
- The government notice asks him to deposit ₹5,430,000 as rent for the bungalow, pending since November 2019, at a rate of ₹10,000/day.
- The victim reported this to another police officer and that’s how the matter came to the knowledge of Alwar SP, who asked for filing a case against the accused SI.
- In case of PMBJP, procurement is done directly through drug manufacturers by asking them to compete in tender.
- Several party leaders are putting their best foot forward in order to stake a claim to lead the party in the state, said party leaders.
- Communities like the Dhakkaligas are one of the hundreds, if not thousands, whose lives have not changed with the image of India, whose economic might is often showcased worldwide.
- Pramod Muthalik, a controversial right-wing leader in Karnataka, said he had approached several BJP leaders to seek support for a ticket