Himachal logs 21 Covid deaths, 709 fresh cases
Himachal Pradesh recorded 709 fresh Covid-19 infections on Tuesday taking the state’s tally to 41,227, while the death toll mounted to 656 as record 21 patients succumbing to the contagion.
Of the new cases, 200 were reported in Shimla 159 in Kangra, 85 in Mandi, 75 in Solan, 56 in Kullu, 36 in Chamba, 33 in Bilaspur, 17 in Sirmaur, 16 in Una, 15 in Hamirpur, 12 in Lahaul-Spiti and five in Kinnaur.
Six patients died in Kangra, four in Mandi , three each in Shimla and Kullu, two in Solan and one each in Hamirpur and Chamba.
There are 8,218 active cases in the state whereas 32,309 people have recovered. As many as 759 recoveries were recorded on Tuesday.
Shimla remains the worst-hit district with 7,456 cases and is followed by Mandi where 6,697 people have tested positive till date. A total of 5.31 lakh tests have been conducted in the state.
Kangra has 5,392 cases, Solan 5,060, Kullu 3,678, Sirmaur 2,641, Una 2,156, Bilaspur 2,108, Hamirpur 2,103, Chamba 2,000, Lahaul-Spiti 1,087 and Kinnaur 849.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Yerawada Central Jail had been home to freedom fighters like Mahatma Gandhi, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, among others.
- The killings took place on Sunday and the police have been grilling the couple for the last two days to find out the actual reason for the murder.
- “From last 60 days, these farmers were sitting patiently, asking for the farm laws to be withdrawn but the government displayed no serious intentions,” said Pawar.
- The party would host football and cricket tournaments at tribal-dominated Mayurbhanj district under Mayurbhanj Premier League.
- The rallies of the Left parties started after the government's official programmes on the occasion of Republic Day.
- Gehlot went on to say that such a situation has come in the country where there is pressure on all institutions such as the judiciary and the CBI.