Mercury dips in several places across UP
Cold wave conditions prevailed at isolated places in Uttar Pradesh which also witnessed dense fog in many areas, the MET office said on Thursday.
Day temperatures dipped in Moradabad, Gorakhpur, Ayodhya and Agra divisions.
Lucknow, Bareilly, Agra and Meerut divisions also saw the mercury settling below normal.
The lowest temperature in the state was recorded in Churk at 2.5 degrees Celsius, while the highest temperature at 24.6 degrees Celsius was recorded at Jhansi.
The weather office forecast severe cold conditions at isolated places in the state on Friday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.
- The quick acceptance of his application for voluntary retirement has started a buzz in the BJP circles that Sharma may be sent to the Legislative Council in Uttar Pradesh.
- While currently nine domestic flights operate from Gorakhpur to all major cities of the country, an international flight from the newly-constructed Kushinagar airport will also commence soon, said the CM
- The first batch of the Covid-19 vaccines arrived by a special plane at Chakeri airport in Kanpur on Wednesday. Vaccines in stored in Varanasi are to be used in the divisions of Varanasi, Azamgarh, Prayagraj and Mirzapur.
- Questions are now being raised over the manner in which appointments are being made on various posts in the Congress in Uttar Pradesh.
- The high court had earlier directed the state and the Central governments to place before it a definite date and the intended programme detailing when and how the vaccination against Covid-19 would be done in UP.