Ram temple foundation work resumes: Trust
Work on the foundation of Ram Temple in Ayodhya resumed on Thursday, member of the trust overseeing the construction Anil Mishra said.
“Digging work for the Ram temple’s foundation resumed today (Thursday). It will continue for the next 60-70 days. Till then, the foundation’s new design will be available with us,” Mishra told reporters after a meeting of the members of the Ram Janmabhoomi Tirth Kshetra Trust.
Nripendra Misra, chairman of the Trust, reviewed the foundation work along with experts of Larsen and Toubro, Tata Consulting Engineers, and other members of the Trust, and directed the engineers to resume the work. “Experts of Larsen and Toubro and Tata Consulting Engineers are preparing the temple’s new design. The Ram temple’s foundation will be prepared according to this new design,” he said.
The foundation work was stopped after loose sand was found during testing of foundation pillars last year. During the meeting of the Trust, engineers gave a presentation on the new design which is likely to be finalised soon. Ayodhya deputy inspector general of police Deepak Kumar made a presentation on security paraphernalia at Ram Janmabhoomi complex.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The new BJP office in Varanasi was built in about two year’s time at an estimated cost of around ₹6 crore, said a party leader.
- In a tweet, Akhilesh said that shifting of the lions was an attempt to kill the tourism industry in Etawah.
- Neeraj Kundan also lauded NSUI for winning two important posts in the recently held student union’s election at Kashi Vidyapeeth.
- Instructions have been given to the tourism department officials to prepare the detailed project report for the tent city in Varanasi.
- Circle police officers and police station in-charges have been asked to strictly comply with the instructions and counsel their subordinates to ensure no undignified caller tunes were used.
- Aligarh superintendent of police (SP) said the missing student was moved by road to Delhi from Aligarh and a team has been sent to the national capital to trace him.