Mohali MC to deliberate on handing over industrial area maintenance to SPV
After the civic body authorities failed to maintain industrial area, the Mohali Industries Association now wants to take over the maintenance work through a special purpose vehicle (SPV).
The issue would be deliberated upon at the municipal corporation’s house meeting on Thursday as once the SPV takes over, the taxes collected from the industrial area would be diverted to the SPV so that the same may be used for maintenance, which would mean a loss of revenue for the corporation.
Suffering from official apathy for over three decades, industrial area’s roads are full of potholes, vehicles are parked on both sides owing to inadequate space, choked drains cause waterlogging even after slight showers, and non-functional streetlights have been a cause of worry for commuters.
The industrialists rue that despite having collected ₹12.05 crore as property tax in the last three years from Industrial Area, Mohali, only ₹1.05 crore has been spent on maintenance and infrastructure upgrade.
Mohali Industries Association has more than 600 registered members. As per the proposal, the body’s infrastructure development association would take over the maintenance of industrial areas— Phase 4, 5, 7, 8A, 8B, 9 (old) and 9 (extension) in Mohali.
For this, a corpus will be created from the property tax of ₹4 crore collected annually from the Industrial Area, which can be used for maintenance and upkeep.
If this agenda of SPV is approved by the House, then Mohali would be the second district after Ludhiana where SPV will be maintaining the industrial area. In Ludhiana, SPV was notified in 2014.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- "Modi government only makes false promises, has done nothing to bring down fuel prices," PTI quoted the Bengal chief minister as saying.
- As per the new restrictions, no offline darshan will be allowed on the auspicious day without pre-issued QR codes. Darshan will be allowed against pre-issued QR codes between 8am and 9pm on March 2.
- The accident at Mumbra bypass occurred around 2:30am, although there were no injuries, it took a few hours to remove the heavy vehicle from the road with the help of three cranes.
- As per reports, the school has been now declared as the containment zone. A total of 327 students from Amravati, Hingoli, Nanded, Washim, Buldhana, Akola reside in this hostel.
- A WhatsApp group comprising more than 100 members had instigated people to assemble in front of KG Halli and DJ Halli police stations
- Incentivising of intra-community marriage goes against govt’s goals of social equality, say experts
- A caretaker at Kundu's Rohtak office said the IT raids were politically motivated.
- Vitreoretinal disorders are a group of eye conditions concerning the retina and the vitreous in the eyes.