Bangladesh pacer reported for suspect action
Paceman Al-Amin Hossain has become the second Bangladeshi bowler to be reported for a suspect action on the team's disastrous tour of the West Indies, the ICC said on Wednesday.Updated: Sep 10, 2014 21:46 IST
Paceman Al-Amin Hossain has become the second Bangladeshi bowler to be reported for a suspect action on the team's disastrous tour of the West Indies, cricket's world governing body said on Wednesday.
A day after Pakistan's top off-spinner Saeed Ajmal was suspended over his action, the International Cricket Council said Al-Amin would come under scrutiny following concerns raised by match officials during the first Test in St Vincent.
"He is required to undergo testing within 21 days," the ICC said in a statement, adding that Al-Amin would be "permitted to continue bowling in international cricket until the results of the testing are known".
The 24-year-old, who was only playing in his fourth Test match, is the second Bangladeshi bowler to be reported during the West Indies tour after off-spinner Sohag Gazi was cited last week during the one-day series.
Gazi has now left the Caribbean and is due to undergo tests in Australia next week that could result in a suspension if his action is deemed illegal.
Speaking to reporters after Ajmal's suspension, 23-year-old Gazi said admitted he was "a bit nervous" about the outcome of the tests which could potentially see him ruled out of next year's World Cup.
Bangladesh lost the first Test on Tuesday by 10 wickets following a first innings double century by West Indies opener Kraigg Brathwaite, while they also suffered a whitewash in the preceding three ODIs.
The second Test begins at Gros Islet on September 13.