India U-19 slam highest total at home in record win vs England, stats highlight
India Under-19 cricket team’s previous highest total at home was 321/5 against Australia Under-19 in 2013. Shubman Gill scored 160 to join Mayank Agarwal on the list of top-scorers for India U-19.cricket Updated: Feb 06, 2017 18:05 IST
Records tumbled during the fourth one-dayer of the five-match series between the under-19 teams of India and England in Mumbai on Monday. The hosts defeated the visitors by a massive 230 runs. India U-19 scored 382/9 in 50 overs, their highest one-day total at home. In reply, England were all out for a paltry 152 in 37.4 overs.
1. India’s previous highest total at home was 321/5 against Australia U-19 in Visakhapatnam on September 27, 2013. India also bettered their previous best score against England -- 306/9 in 48.1 overs in Taunton on August 30, 2002.
2. Overall, this was India’s second highest total in U-19 one-dayers after the 425/3 against Scotland in Dhaka on February 16, 2004.
- 179 n.o. Theo Doropoulos (Australia) vs England at Sydney --11-02-2003
- 177 n.o. Ambati Rayudu (India) vs England at Taunton -- 30-08-2002
- 176 Donovan Pagon (West Indies) vs Scotland at Dunedin -- 21-01-2002
- 174 Dan Lawrence (England) vs Fiji at Chittagong -- 27-01-2016
- 164 n.o James Marshall (New Zealand) vs Namibia at Pretoria -- 15-01-1998
- 164 Scott Kremerskothen (Australia) vs P N Guinea at Orkney -- 15-01-1998
- 160 Mayank Agarwal (India) vs Australia at Hobart -- 09-04-2009
- 160 Shubman Gill (India) vs England at Mumbai -- 06-02-2017
- 156 n.o. Jacques Rudolph (South Africa) vs Nepal at Katunayake -- 12-01-2000
- 156 n.o. Cameron White (Australia) vs Scotland at Dunedin -- 25-01-2002
- 156 Karim Janat (Afghanistan) vs Fiji at Cox’s Bazar -- 05-02-2016 (Stats by Syed Qaiser)
3.Shubman Gill scored 160 off 123 balls, thereby joining Mayank Agarwal as the joint second highest individual scorer for India U-19. Agarwal had scored 160 against Australia U-19 in Hobart on April 9, 2009. Teenage sensation Prithvi Shaw too scored a century (105) Monday.
4. With an unbeaten 177 against England U-19 in Taunton on August 30, 2002, Ambati Rayudu holds the record of the highest individual score for India U-19. Rayudu’s 177 is the second highest individual score in U-19 history after Australian Theo Doropoulos’ unbeaten 179 against England in Sydney on February 11, 2003.
5. Monday’s 230-run victory was India’s second-biggest in terms of runs against England Under-19 after the 234-run win in Colombo on February 15, 2006. It was India U19’s fifth biggest win in terms of runs.
(Stats by S Pervez Qaiser)
First Published: Feb 06, 2017 18:02 IST