India vs New Zealand, semi-finals, World Cup 2019: What happens if India vs New Zealand semi-final clash is washed out
India take on New Zealand in the first semi-final clash of the ongoing World Cup. Both camps sound confident ahead of the match and while, India appear to be favourites, New Zealand are all set to give it their best shot with the senior players aiming to stand up and be counted. However, as has been the case right through this World Cup, weather could be a factor even for this clash.
As per the forecast, there are predictions of showers on Tuesday which could dampen the spirits of the fans. If the match indeed is washed out, there is a reserve day in the offing. However, the forecast is not too bright even on Wednesday.
So what happens if both the days are washed out?
If the match is washed out on the reserve day too then India will progress through to the finals as they finished at number 1 points table with 15 points while New Zealand scraped through with 11 points and were placed at number 4 on the points table.
It should be mentioned here that the league stage match between the two sides was also abandoned due to rain. They did meet in a warm-up clash before the main tournament where the New Zealand pacers smashed the Indian batting order.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- There has been a clamour to remove Virat Kohli as the captain of the Indian cricket team. Even though he is the most successful captain in India’s Test cricket history, some fans have sought to change his leadership role.
- Sridhar said the Indian team management was informed about their family members not being allowed to travel to Australia with them 48 hours before their journey from Dubai.
- Four bowlers made debuts against a line-up that boasted the likes of Steve Smith, David Warner and Marnus Labuschagne. That the visitors still emerged as the better side is the strongest possible proof that India’s bowling reserve is exceptionally talented and deep.
- The India fielding coach said Kohli had messaged him around 12:30 at night after India suffered a humiliating loss in Adelaide to discuss the plans for the next Test in Melbourne.
- Jadeja, who did not feature in the first Test against Australia because of an injury, came back into the side for the second Test in Melbourne and immediately left his mark in all three departments of the game.