11 sixes, 19 fours: Ishan Kishan slams breathtaking ton in Vijay Hazare Trophy, Mumbai Indians react
Ishan Kishan sent social media into a frenzy with his breathtaking batting display that gave the perfect start to the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021 on Saturday. Kishan slammed 11 sixes and 19 fours on his way to a scintillating 173 off just 94 balls in the Elite Group B match between Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh at the Holkar Stadium in Indore.
After being sent in to bat first, Jharkhand skipper Ishan Kishan started off watchfully. Kishan’s opening partner Utkarsh Singh was dismissed in the third over for 6 but that was the only joy Madhya Pradesh had with the new ball.
Kishan then took matters into his own hands and started to play his shots. He got to his fifty off 40 balls and started accelerating even more.
Thanks to Kishan’s attacking batting, Jharkhand brought up their hundred in 16.2 overs.
The stylish left-hander who represents the Mumbai Indians in the IPL, continued to toy with the MP bowlers. Kishan reached his fourth List A century off just 74 balls.
Here is how Twitter reacted to Ishan Kishan's century in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021
He took 12 more deliveries to bring up his 150. Just when he was looking set for a double hundred and more, Kishan was out stumped for 173.
Kishan was not at his best in the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20s. He managed only one half-century in five matches as Jharkhand failed to make it to the knockout stages.
However, the left-hander's blistering innings right at the beginning of the Vijay Hazare Trophy augurs well for Jharkhand, who have the likes of Virat Singh, Anukul Roy, Shahbaz Nadeem and Varun Aaron in their ranks.
Another team that would be happy with Kishan’s innings is IPL franchise Mumbai Indians. Kishan had been in terrific for MI especially towards the latter half of IPL 2020, playing a crucial role in MI lifting the trophy for a record fifth time.
MI would be hoping Kishan continues the same even in IPL 2021, which is slated to take place in India.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India vs England: The Indian team management faces a problem of plenty going into the five T20I against England starting Friday.
- Padikkal sent a strong message to the national selectors before England ODIs as he slammed his fourth consecutive List A ton.
- The rise of youngsters has been instrumental in India registering back-to-back Test series wins, and for that Ganguly reckons, Dravid has had an immense role to play.
- India vs England: It was a knock that snatched the advantage away from England.
- The extent of the damage is unknown at the moment but Chris Silverwood, the England head coach, has informed that Jofra Archer’s injury is being looked into.
- Virat Kohli and his men crushed Joe Root's team to win the series 3-1 and also qualified for the final of the maiden World Test Championship. Here is a look at our report card of Team India in this series.