Pakistan bowler Hasan Ali to get hitched with Indian national today in Dubai, see pictures of pre-wedding photoshoot
Pakistani fast bowler Hasan Ali will tie the knot with Indian national Shamia Arzoo in a wedding ceremony to be held in Dubai on August 20. The news of Ali marrying an Indian national has been making the headlines since last month. Shamia resides in Mewat, a district in the state of Haryana, and met Ali during a random dinner in Dubai. Impressed with her honesty, Ali courted Shamia and sent a marriage proposal to her, which was duly accepted.
“A simple Nikah ceremony will be held on August 20 in Dubai, which will only be attended by my close relatives and family members,” the cricketer told a press conference.
With the marriage ceremony taking place today in Dubai at the Atlantis Palm Hotel, Ali and Shamia had a pre-wedding photo shoot and shared the images on social media. Here are some of the pictures from that shoot:-
Ali had even invited cricketers from India to his wedding with Samia. He had said that he would happy if Indian cricketers turned up for his wedding.
“I will invite the Indian cricket team and players to come to my marriage ceremony, after all, we are all cricket mates,” Hasan told ‘Urdu Express’ newspaper here.
“I would love it if some Indian players come to the ceremony in Dubai, it would be lovely. The contest is on the field and not off it. In the end, we are all professional cricketers and must share happiness,” he said.
Shamia has a degree in Aeronautics from Manav Rachna University and has even studied in England.
Hasan will become the fourth Pakistani cricketer to get married with an Indian girl, after Zaheer Abbas, Mohsin Khan and Shoaib Malik.
Malik had a high-profile wedding with Indian tennis star Sania Mirza in April 2010 and former captain Abbas was the first Pakistani player to marry an Indian woman.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sanjay Manjrekar has revealed an incident from way back in the year 1990 when the legendary Geoffrey Boycott denied him a Man-of-the-Match award in an ODI against England.
- BCCI would be seeking assurance from the state governments before letting them host IPL matches this year.
- VVS Laxman is excited at the prospect of the batsman getting to play his maiden game for India.
- Warner struggled to sprint on the field like his usual self and appeared in discomfort while batting, scoring 5, 13, 1 and 48.
- Rahane said the pitch for the fourth Test starting in Ahmedabad on Thursday would be similar to the one used in the previous Test.
- India vs England: Hence, when it comes to comparing the two, Bell, one of England's finest players of spin, is aware of the traits that made both Ashwin and Harbhajan stand out.
- Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Kolkata have been earmarked as the five venues.
- India vs England: India vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane has asserted that India have never complained about the wickets when they have toured abroad.
- India vs England: The latest to weigh in on the pitch debate is former Pakistan captain Inzamam-Ul-Haq, who has blatantly expressed that such a wicket is not good for the health of Test cricket.