Parents caution Dhoni against losing focus
At a time when Team India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni hogs the limelight for going in for the highest bid at the IPL, his parents on Wednesday had a word of caution for him.
“It’s no doubt a matter of pride but more than the monetary aspect, it is important that he lives up to the expectations of his fans, supporters and the country. He should keep his feet firmly on ground,” Dhoni’s parents, father Pan Singh and mother Devki Devi, told HT.
On their part, if Dhoni’s brother Narendra Singh along with his wife, offered prayers at a temple seeking the “well being and future success” for the Team India ODI skipper, his brother-in-law Goutam Gupta and sister Jayanti praised him for his achievements. But, they said, Dhoni still has miles to go.
Shabbir Hussain, Mahi’s School friend and a Ranji player, said Dhoni was undoubtedly the most shining cricket star in the world today.
BCCI junior cricket selection committee member, Kajal Das who was coach of Bihar Ranji team (1999-2000) in which Dhoni made his debut said that highest bidding on Dhoni was on expected lines. "He was performing consistently against all oppositions. It was but natural that he would command high prize. He is now the hottest selling brand and this was the prime reason for corporate sectors pitching in for him. I have full confidence that he would be a star to watch out for in the forthcoming IPL league," said Kajal Das.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Pollard's efforts were recognized well by the cricket fraternity with fans, former cricketers and his IPL franchise Mumbai Indians tweeting in praise of the West Indies all-rounder.
- India vs England Live Cricket Score: Joe Root has won the toss and England elected to bat first. India will look to secure its place in the World Test Championship final with a win or draw against the visitors in the fourth Test. Follow all the updates from IND vs ENG fourth Test here.
- One particular spell of R Ashwin is the best Gautam Gambhir has seen any spinner bowl in his life.
- The West Indies won the match by four wickets with 41 balls in hand, finishing with 134-6.
- Axar has been experiencing a memorable series so far as he has recorded 18 wickets from two matches.
- Axar became the first bowler to claim more than 10 wickets in a pink-ball Test and most of his 11 wickets came from the arm-ball that goes straight on with the angle to the right-hander.
- Ahead of the fourth Test, former Indian cricketer, Deep Dasgupta has responded strongly to all the criticisms from the former English players.