Cat adoptathon: Delhi cat lovers, you can’t miss this event!
From helping rescued and orphan kitties to spreading awareness on what to keep in mind while adopting a cat, this event is a first of its kind in the city.Updated: May 19, 2017 18:36 IST
Delhi is mostly considered to be a city for dog lovers. You’ve got café for dogs; you’ve got people who provide pet therapy service; dog spas; dog pool parties, and more. But when it comes to cats, they are deprived of this love as there are no cat cafes, and no workshops to spread awareness.
This however, is soon going to change as Kitling & Co., a company started by filmmaker Nishat Rana and communication professional Aastha Shastri, is organising a cat adoptathon over the weekend. The group focusses on helping rescued and orphan kitties get adopted and also spreads awareness regarding cat adoptions in the city. “We started three months back. Majority of Delhiites are dog lovers, not cats. We wanted to spread awareness on why cats too, make excellent pets and how to take care and adopt cats. This particular event will particularly focus on rescues and orphans”, says Shastri.
These adorable kitties are up for adoption!
Compared to dogs, taking care of cats is a different ball game all together. “Through our workshops we help new cat parents. Those who want to adopt cat, need to fill our pre-adoption forms. Once the form is filled,he adoption counsellors then will advise the interested individuals and cross check the details to confirm them”, says Rana. Once the individual is approved,the counsellors will then schedule a house visit and suggest changes required for the cat to live.
Apart from taking care of adorable kitties, the group also raises money for various welfare and charitable organisations that are in need of funds, at that particular moment.
So, those of you who are looking for a gorgeous kitty to adopt and contribute to a good cause, you know what to do.
When: 21st May, 2017
Where:Puppychino Café, Shahpur Jat
Expert advice to keep in mind while adopting a cat
1) Cats are like children. They are a commitment of 15-18 years.
2) Contrary to belief, cats also get attached to humans, and they love their human parents unconditionally. People need to remember that they aren’t toys that you stop playing with them, once you get bored.
3) Cats love company. It’s preferred that you adopt them in pairs rather than alone. This way, they will have company when you are not available for them.
4) No one should be allergic to cats in the family. It’s important to do a check before you bring the cat home.
5) Cat proof the house. They need their space to relax, litter and roam around.
6) Provide them nutritious non-vegetarian food.
7) Get timely vaccinations for your cat.
8) Spay and neuter your cats once they reach sexual maturity.
First Published: May 19, 2017 18:36 IST