Minor fire at Delhi’s Shastri Bhawan, five fire tenders rushed to spot
Delhi Police said a short circuit in an air conditioner had sparked fire on the seventh floor of Shastri Bhawan.Updated: Jul 31, 2017 11:22 IST
Press Trust of India
A fire broke out on Monday at Shastri Bhawan in central Delhi after a short circuit in an air conditioner, police said.
The fire, which broke out on the seventh floor, was doused within a few minutes and five fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
This is however not the first time that fires have broken out in the Shastri Bhavan. In 2014, a fire broke out on the same floor. Earlier in March this year a minor fire broke out in the building’s third floor which houses coal and fertilizer ministries.
Shastri Bhawan accommodates ministries of law, information and broadcasting, human resources development, corporate affairs, chemicals and petrochemicals.
First Published: Jul 31, 2017 11:21 IST