ANNOUNCED: Odisha 10th result declared, 76.23% students pass
Odisha Class 10th result: The Odisha’s Board of Secondary Education (BSE) will declare the result of Class 10 board examinations today.
BSE Odisha class 10th result : Highlights
* Like previous year, state government would give Rs 5000 each to top 100 students of each of the 314 blocks under the Mukhyamantri Medhabruti Puraskar Yojana. Around 40,000 students would get the scholarship.
* Minister Badri Patra says no question paper leaked on WhatsApp. “Some question papers came out at least an hour after the examination started and began circulating on WhatsApp. This is not the same as happened in case of CBSE question paper leak,” the minister said.
* This year 36 schools have reported ‘NIL’ results. NIL results mean schools where not a single student has passed. Last year there were 22 such schools.
* The grade-wise segregation is as follows: A1 Grade: 1715, A2: 15689, B1: 39352, B2: 68009.
* While 2.22 lakh girls passed, 2.16 lakh boys secured pass marks this year. Last year 85.26 % of students had passed the exam. Last year too, girls had outshone boys.
* Odisha Class 10 result declared. A total number of 4.28 lakh students(76.23%) students have passed the exam this year.
* In a first, BSE developed a software that could detect errors during uploading of marks on the server. The subjective answer sheets were checked by teachers, while the objective OMR sheets were evaluated by computers.
* The results will be announced at the Board’s central office in Cuttack city by Odisha school and mass education minister Badri Narayan Patra, in the presence of principal secretary of school and mass education department PK Mohapatra and BSE president Jahanara Begum.
* Odisha Board result at 9am.
* Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, will declare the result of Class 10 (matric) examination 2018 at 9am today.
* On May 4, the Board President Jahanara Begum said at a press meet that the result would be announced on May 7.
* This year, 590,363 students had taken the examination, which was held from February 23 to March 8. The evaluation of the papers began on March 20 and ended on April 2. Officials had last month said that the Class 12 science stream results will be announced in the third week of May and those for humanities and commerce in the last week. About 365,826 students took the Class 12 exams from March 5 to March 29.