JEE main 2021 Day 3 highlights: Second shift of BE and BTech exam ends
- The JEE Main 2021 for admission to engineering colleges began on Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
The second shift on the third day of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2020 for B.Tech and B.E. ended at 6 pm on Thursday, February 25, 2021. The JEE Main 2021 for admission to engineering colleges began on Wednesday, February 24, 2021. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the entrance examination in two slots, i.e. from 9 am to 12 noon, and 3 to 6 pm. Around 6 lakh candidates have registered for the examination this year.
Candidates will be following the precautionary measures, like maintaining social distancing and wearing masks, while entering the exam venue.
JEE Main began on Tuesday, February 23 with B. Arch and B.Planning (Paper 2).
In this blog, we will inform you about the latest developments on Day 3 of the JEE main exam, along with students' reactions in various states after they leave the exam centre.
(With inputs from Rajanbir in Chandigarh.)
Follow all the updates here:
FEB 25, 2021 05:59 PM IST
JEE main 2021: Second shift ends
The second shift of JEE Main Paper 1 exam 2021 ended at 6 pm. Stay tuned for exam analysis and students' reactions.
FEB 25, 2021 05:31 PM IST
JEE main 2021: Students reaction from Chandigarh
Students in Chandigarh said that the JEE Main exam was relatively easier in the morning shift on Thursday. Karam Chand who came from Kaithal said that the exam was easier as compared to some of the previous year's papers he had solved, however, the chemistry was surprisingly hard.
"Many calculation-based questions from physical chemistry were asked which was unexpected. Otherwise, the paper was relatively easy." Yuvraj Singh Tomar who had come from Jalandhar was satisfied with the exam and said that the length was just right, and he was able to finish well in time.
"The exam was formula-based, and the questions were very straightforward," he added. Nanya Miglani from Chandigarh also said that the exam was concept-based.
"Maths was surprisingly easy and will be scoring for the students," she added.
FEB 25, 2021 03:00 PM IST
JEE main 2021: Second shift begins
The second shift of JEE Main Paper 1 exam 2021 begins at 3 pm.
FEB 25, 2021 02:22 PM IST
JEE main 2021: Second shift to begin at 3 pm
The second shift of JEE Main Paper 1 exam 2021 will begin at 3 pm. The shift will end at 6 pm.
FEB 25, 2021 02:15 PM IST
JEE Main 2021 subject-wise analysis: Physics
-The difficulty level of physics was easy (approx 15 questions were basic)
- Integer-type questions were not calculative.
- Well balanced question from class 11 and 12.
FEB 25, 2021 02:08 PM IST
JEE Main 2021 subject-wise analysis: Chemistry
30 Question (20 MCQ +10 Numerical value-based)
- Chemistry was moderate.
- more number of questions asked from organic chemistry.
- less number of physical chemistry questions and also calculative.
- Integer-type questions were easy.
FEB 25, 2021 01:45 PM IST
JEE Main 2021 subject-wise analysis: Mathematics
- Overall, the Papers were calculative and lengthy compared to chemistry and Physics.
- Questions were a bit tricky and also calculative.
- Questions from calculus, coordinates were on a higher note
- The difficulty level of Maths was also Moderate, and the question asked mostly from Calculus, Algebra, and Coordinate geometry.
- The paper was conceptual and a bit lengthy.
FEB 25, 2021 01:42 PM IST
JEE Main 2021: Exam analysis of first shift
The first shift of the February 25 JEE (Main) 2021 Paper-I exam for BE/BTech aspirants concluded at 12pm on Thursday. There were 90 questions and the total marks of JEE Main Paper-1 were 300. Overall the paper was moderate to easy; Today, the paper was balanced and almost all topics were covered in every subject. The students were able to complete in the given time and if we compare the difficulty level, then it should be Maths>Chemistry>Physics. Read more
FEB 25, 2021 12:49 PM IST
JEE Main 2021: Top Engineering colleges
As per the NIRF Rankings 2020, the top colleges in the engineering category are following:
FEB 25, 2021 12:02 PM IST
JEE Main 2021: First shift ends
The JEE Main exam for BE and BTech aspirants ended at 12 noon.
FEB 25, 2021 11:42 AM IST
JEE Main 2021: First shift to end soon
The JEE Main exam for BE and BTech aspirants will end at 12 noon today.
FEB 25, 2021 10:57 AM IST
JEE Main February 2021 exam will end on Feb 26
The JEE mains 2021 examination for the February session will end on February 26, 2021.
FEB 25, 2021 10:22 AM IST
JEE Main Paper 1 2021: Marking scheme
The computer-based examination will carry 90 questions. Section A will be of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) while Section B will contain Questions whose answers are to be filled in as a numerical value. In Section B, candidates have to attempt any five out of 10 questions. For each correct answer, the candidate will be rewarded with four marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers for Section B.
FEB 25, 2021 09:48 AM IST
JEE main 2021: Multiple sessions
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the JEE Main 2021 examination in 4 sessions this year. The first session is scheduled to be conducted from February 23 to 26, 2021. The second session will be held from March 15 to 18, 2021, followed by the third session, which is scheduled to be held from April 27 to 30, 2021. The fourth session will be held from May 24 to 28, 2021.
FEB 25, 2021 09:00 AM IST
JEE main 2021: First shift begins
The first shift of the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2021 for BE and BTech aspirants begins at 9 am. The examination will continue till 12 noon.
FEB 25, 2021 08:51 AM IST
JEE main 2021: Items allowed
Aspirants appearing in the JEE mains examination 2021 will be allowed to bring a copy of their JEE mains admit card, photo ID card, hand sanitizer, water bottle to the exam centre.
FEB 25, 2021 08:49 AM IST
JEE main 2021: First shift to begin at 9 am
The first shift of JEE Main Paper 1 exam 2021 will begin at 9 am. The shift will end at 12 noon.
Get our daily newsletter
- After the postponement of NEET PG 2021 and JEE main April session 2021 exams, will it be possible to conduct the UGC NET (December 2020 cycle examination) as scheduled amid the growing number of covid-19 cases in the country.
- The National Testing Agency has postponed the JEE (Main) 2021 April session examination.
- This year, it is women who have bagged the top two positions in the PCS-2020, results of which were announced on Monday evening.
- NEET PG admit card 2021: Once the admit card is released, candidates who have registered for the NEET PG 2021 examination will be able to download their hall tickets online at nbe.edu.in.
- SSC issues notification giving the timing for the release of SSC GD constable recruitment 2021 exam notification.