IIT Roorkee partners with Bhopal’s rural road academy
IIT Roorkee signed an MoU with Madhya Pradesh Rural Road Academy located at Bhopal, with a view to strengthen mutual cooperation and collaboration in the area of road network planning, design, construction and operation. This collaboration will be a step forward in the direction of academia - industry interaction.
Madhya Pradesh Rural Road Academy (MPRRA), Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh is an organisation under Panchayat and Rural Development Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh, with its office located on the right bank of Kaliasot Dam in Walmi Hills on Kolar Road, Bhopal. The MPRRA is recognized as Centre of Excellence in Training and Research in Rural Roads through capacity building and human resources development in the state. The state has been successful in building capacities of different stakeholders such as Govt. Professionals, policy makers on issues related to Rural Road Construction, Maintenance and Road Safety.
IITR and MPRRA agree to cooperate, through undertaking active collaboration in the following areas of mutual interest such as harmonization of regional and national cooperation on Rural Road connectivity, Construction, Maintenance, and Use of local material, Fly-ash in road construction, Soil stabilization, Innovative Technologies and related areas. This collaboration will address the issues of environmental concern that would mitigate the detrimental effects of infrastructural development and operation; allow devising effective human resource development strategies and programmes to upgrade skills and introducing professional certification to various stakeholders; formalise development of national institutions and sub-centres, preferably with linkages to multilateral institutions such as ADB, World Bank. This collaboration shall provide forums for both public and private sectors to share their views and experiences in strengthening IIT Roorkee and MPRRA partnership in road transport development.
“We are committed to devote our time to projects of societal importance. MPRRA is very active in utilising modern technology for constructing and maintaining rural roads. Predictive maintenance shall be useful for developing optimal solutions and cost effective management of the huge rural road network in Madhya Pradesh.” said Prof. Ajit K Chaturvedi, Director IIT Roorkee.
“We are extremely happy to sign this MoU with IIT Roorkee and looking forward that with this collaboration IIT Roorkee can help in addressing challenges of MPRRA.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The VC said that some of the varsity employees were involved in irregular admissions at non-affiliated colleges and its subsequent registration with the university's examination department.
- The results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams were announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on Monday, March 8.
- JEE main results 2021: Candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination can check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 examination.
- JEE Main February result 2021: Once the results are out, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) on Monday, March 8 released the revised schedule for ICSE and ISC 2021 examinations
- Most of the top positions were bagged by girls.
- The Himachal Pradesh committee of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) will hold a statewide strike on March 9 for the appointment of Anganwadi workers in the pre-primary classes.
- On Sunday, teachers from different colleges also alleged that they have not been paid regular salary since 2019 and said that nearly 1,200 teachers at these colleges were finding it difficult to make ends meet.