Over 150 doctors gathered to attend three-day educational event on cardiac imaging at Delhi hospital
Over 150 doctors from across the country gathered here for a three-day educational event on cardiac imaging which started on Friday at a hospital here, officials said.
The event was organised by the department of MR&CT at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (SGRH).
“More than 150 doctors from all over India participated in the inaugural session today. Prof Scott Flamm, head of cardiovascular imaging in Cleveland Clinic division of Radiology, Ohio in the US, was the chief guest and key speaker,” the hospital said in a statement.
A host of other doctors from hospitals such as the AIIMS, Jaslok Hospital, Narayana Hridayalaya and Jayadeva hospital, Bangalore along with the senior faculty from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, were also present.
“There has been a mushrooming of imaging centres all over India but less than 2-3 per cent are able to conduct evaluation of heart diseases, this update will help in bridging this gap so that the treating doctors and ultimately the patients and society will benefit,” Dr TBS Buxi, Chairman Department of CT & MRI, SGRH, said.
Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the diseases related to blood vessels of the heart and brain which has now become the leading cause of death in India.
“One out of four people will die due to these diseases. Heart attacks and stroke are the leading causes and are responsible for over 80 per cent of the deaths,” it said. Imaging modality like multi-detector CT is a way to see the vessels of the heart by putting a small needle into the vein of the arm, just like getting a saline drip and then checking the vessels of heart for blockages and the lungs of the children with heart defects.
MRI is another such imaging modality which detects the condition of the muscles of the heart and beating heart as well. Decoding the information provided by these machines requires training, skill and expertise.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Candidates who have qualified in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam can download their admit card for IBPS PO mains online at ibps.in on or before February 4, 2021.
- Candidates who have applied for admission can check the AP EAMCET second phase allotment result 2020 online at apeamcet.nic.in.
- Patnaik had launched the "Mo School" campaign in November 2017 in response to philanthropic interest from alumni of schools of Odisha, residing in India and abroad.
- Universities need to explore the uncharted path and innovative methods when it comes to pedagogy, and playing the role of facilitators in a student's journey of finding their goals and preparing them for their future.
- Ramola was selected for the award for his achievements in the field of art and culture. He has been conferred, according to him, with 19 international awards, 38 national awards, and over 70 state and district awards.
- According to the notification, candidates appearing for the ICAI CA January 2021 examinations at Central Public School, Jaldhari Chowk, Madhubani, Bihar, will now have to appear for the examinations at Central Public School at Gandhi Chowk, Madhubani.
- Candidates who have registered for the NIFT entrance exam 2021 can make corrections in their application forms online at nift.ac.in on or before January 28, 2021.
- Candidates can download the Assam Police SI PET/PST Admit Card from the official website of State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB), Assam.
- Candidates who have appeared in the preliminary examination can check the UP Legislative Answer Key online at uplegisassemblyrecruitment.in.