UPPSC releases revised PCS prelims 2020 results, check fresh list of qualified candidates
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has revised the recently declared results of its Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services (Preliminary) Examination-2020, commonly known as PCS (Pre)-2020. The results have been revised following detection of some anomalies owing to technical reasons in the results forcing the commission to come out with the revised results after cancelling the earlier declared results, informed UPPSC secretary Jagdish.
He said that the step to issue revised results was necessitated following errors owing to technical reasons being detected in the results of the two posts of Labour Enforcement Officer and Child Development Project Officer. The error took place following different post serial numbers being indicated in the advertisement and online application process for these two posts, he said.
The revised results have resulted in 1,131 candidates previously declared successful of certain posts failing to make it to list of successful candidates while another 1,481 getting selected. The PCS (Pre)-2020 results declared on November 21 had declared 5,393 candidates successful but as per the revised results 5,535 candidates have been declared successful, UPPSC officials said.
The 1,131 candidates who failed to qualify in the revised results despite initially declared successful include 967 who were not included in the list of successful candidates after being found to be lacking the eligibility criterion set for the post of Child Development Project Officer while another 139 failed to make the cut for the post of Labour Enforcement Officer also for the same reason. Remaining 25 candidates were not included in the list of successful candidates after failing to meet the cut-off, UPPSC officials explained.
The commission had earlier informed it will soon issue a separate release regarding further instructions for these qualified candidates to appear in the mains examination on a basis of their preliminary exam results. The qualified candidates need to take note that their results are conditional and they are expected to go through this release once issued and undertake the necessary action as specified in it, failing which their results would be cancelled, they had made plain.
UPPSC had also made clear that the results of these recruitment exams are subject to the final decision of the Allahabad High Court in the Special Appeal (D) 475/2019 filed by the Uttar Pradesh government.
A total of 5,95,696 candidates had registered for the preliminary exams that were held in two shifts: 9.30am to 11.3 am and 2.30pm to 4.30pm on October 11, 2020. The exams were conducted at 1,282 centres in 19 districts of the state. A total of 3,14,699 (52.82 per cent) of the total registered candidates appeared in the exam.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL), under ministry of coal has invited online applications for the recruitment against 372 vacancies for Fitter, Welder, Junior Staff Nurse and other posts.
- The online registration window for JEE Main 2021 is closing on Saturday, January 23. Candidates who have not yet registered for the exam can online at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to pay the registration fee is January 24.
- WB Police Recruitment 2021: West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has invited online applications for recruitment against vacancies for the post of constable, lady constable, sub-inspector, lady SI and SI of Police (armed branch).
- Bihar continues to fare poorly in the ranking of institutions by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) despite the fact that all institutions have to get accredited by next year.
- Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) on Thursday released the provisional answer key of its 66th combined competitive preliminary examination on its official website- bpsc.bih.nic.in
- The UP Board intermediate practical examinations will begin from February 3. The exams will be held in two phases -- February 3 to 12 and February 13 to 22.
- Tezpur University 18th Convocation Updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was addressing the graduating students and faculty of Tezpur University on the occasion of its 18th convocation.
- SNAP Result 2021: The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) 2021 result was declared on Thursday, January 21, 2021, on its official website - snaptest.org.
- Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH) on Thursday declared the Haryana teachers’ eligibility test 2020 on its official website haryanatet.in
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Thursday declared the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles result 2018 on its official website ssc.nic.in. a total of 1,09,552 candidates have qualified.