Bipasha Basu to whip up Chef avatar!
She is busy with back-to-back films, endorsements and fitness DVDs. But Bipasha Basu has a new plan up her sleeve — becoming a trained cook. Apparently, she is keen to join the famous culinary institute, Le Cordon Bleu (at either New York or Paris) for a professional cooking course. But sources insist Bips is finding it tough to find the time in her packed schedule.
“It has definitely been my dream to be a very accomplished cook/chef. But of late, I haven’t been able to do any cooking due to my super busy schedule. If I really want to push it and cook more, one of the ideas is to go to a proper culinary school. But since the course will take some time — at least a couple of months — I’m not sure how I will be able to make time for it,” confirms Bipasha.
The Race (2008) actor wants “to learn healthy styles of cooking” especially desserts. Ask Bips what cuisines she wants to
master and she chuckles, “Definitely Oriental, Mediterranean and Japanese since they are healthier and greener with a lot of seafood which I simply love. I want to learn to make waffles and cupcakes. I can bake cakes but the idea is to bake crème de la crème desserts.”
Busy with Raaz 3 and Singularity right now, Bips admits that it’s tough to juggle her passion with her profession. “Career wise, it’s a very important time for me. Definitely I have plans (to learn cooking) but I must balance that with my professional life. Let’s see if I can pursue a short-term crash course till then,” she says.
‘Mommy’ Bips to master cooking!
Bipasha feels one can’t become a mother if a woman doesn’t know how to cook. “My friends, such as Deanne (Pandey), are mothers too but they can’t cook. I always tell them, ‘what kind of a mother are you?’ Some day I would like to have kids but before that, I want to polish up my cookery skills. And this doesn’t mean that I want to have a child right now,” says Bips with a laugh. She adds, “For instance, if my mother didn’t know how to cook, I would be very angry.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.