Before Kareena Kapoor chose to name him Taimur, Saif Ali Khan wanted this name for first son. Will he get his wish now?
Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor have welcomed another baby boy on Sunday. The couple was already parents to a four-year-old son, Taimur.
Fans are eagerly waiting for the first picture of the newborn baby and for his parents to reveal the little one's name. Almost four years ago, Taimur's name was the source of a lot of debate, with many being critical of it, claiming that it was inspired by Turkish invader, Timur. Saif had denied the claims, saying that Taimur means iron, which is what had attracted the couple to the name.
But did you know that while Kareena was totally sold on the name, Saif had an alternate name for the boy? In 2018, Kareena had talked about the controversy around Taimur's name at the India Today conclave.
"There was a lot of trolling, but there was also an immense amount of support. Not that the trolls mattered, because the night before I was going to the hospital, Saif asked me, 'If it's a boy, are you sure you want to do this? Let's change the name and call him Faiz. It's more poetic and romantic.' And I was like, no. If it's a boy, I want my son to be a fighter. Taimur means 'iron' and I will produce Iron Man. I am proud to name him Taimur," she had said. Faiz seems to have been inspired by legendary poet Faiz Ahmad Faiz.
This time, however, Kareena and Saif have not planned any names beforehand. “After the whole controversy of Taimur, both Saif and me have not even thought about it. We’re like going to leave it last minute and then spring a surprise,” she told Neha Dhupia on What Women Want. So will the couple finally get to name their second baby Faiz after all?
Saif had addressed the controversy around Taimur's name in 2017, saying, “I haven’t told anyone about this — I thought for a second about changing his name. For a couple of weeks. And Kareena was a little against it, and she said, ‘People respect you for your opinion and you can’t’... So I said, yeah, but it’s not about people. I don’t want him to get unpopular,” he had told The Times of India.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.