Maanvi Gagroo complained to OTT platform after being asked to 'compromise'
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
Four More Shots Please! actor Maanvi Gagroo has said that she once complained to an OTT platform when someone used its name as bait to get her to 'compromise' for a role.
The actor, who has also appeared in Made in Heaven, said that she demanded that action be taken against the alleged offender, according to The Times of India.
Maanvi, who is also known for her role in the web series Tripling, broke into films with Ujda Chaman and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan. However, she admitted in the interview that neither film set the box office on fire.
"I think Ujda Chaman was perhaps not marketed well. Many people were unaware as to what it was about and when it was releasing. As for Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, the subject of same-sex love was ahead of its times and that's why the film's collections didn't skyrocket," she said.
Incidentally, Ujda Chaman was locked in a legal tussle with Bala, starring Maanvi's SMZS co-star Ayushmann Khurrana. Both films dealt with the theme of premature balding.
In an interview to Hindustan Times, she said that she never thought of herself as a film actor, and that OTT came to her rescue. “You see, film career toh mera pehle kabhi tha hi nahi (I never had a film career). Web changed the game, got the artiste in me noticed. Web opened doors for actors, directors, writers, technicians, who weren’t being able to progress much given the binary existence created by films and TV," she said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.
- Abhishek Bachchan has shared a picture from the sets of Dasvi and is seen in a powerful avatar. He plays Ganga Ram Chaudhary in the comedy film.
- Following IT raids at Anurag Kashyap's premises, Neeraj Ghaywan shared a picture from his library and tweeted, 'there’s definitely something there inside those books, too much wealth in them.'
- Slumdog Millionaire star Madhur Mittal has been accused of sexual assault by a former girlfriend. An FIR has been filed against the actor.