Girl on the Train teaser: Parineeti Chopra is a woman possessed in Netflix thriller, film out on Feb 26
The first teaser of Girl on the Train is finally out and gives a peek into its atmospheric and suspenseful world, with Parineeti Chopra as an alcoholic woman who is also our (often unreliable) narrator. With no dialogues or action in the teaser, we only see Parineeti’s deteriorating moods and physical condition as a harbinger of things to come in the film.
Based on Paula Hawkins’ 2015 bestseller, the film has been directed by Ribhu Dasgupta and also stars Aditi Rao Hydari, Kirti Kulhari and Avinash Tiwary. It follows Meera Chopra (played by Parineeti) who watches a couple everyday through open window of their house while travelling on train everyday to work. She sees something one day that shocks her and brings her fixation with the couple to the fore.
The film was also adapted for a Hollywood version with Emily Blunt in the lead, and directed by Tate Taylor. Dasgupta said in a statement: “I always wanted to explore this genre and loved this unique story. There is plenty to relate to both in terms of the emotions and mysteries that I was able to delve into in this thriller – rejection, loneliness, voyeurism, daily commutes on which we see and don’t see things.”
Shibasish Sarkar, group chief executive officer, Reliance Entertainment said: “The Girl On The Train marks our first film collaboration with Netflix, with many more to come. We are very excited about this suspense thriller, Ribhu’s directorial sensibilities and the extremely talented cast.”
The film, which was supposed to release in May 2020 but was postponed due to the coronavirus, will now land on Netflix on February 26.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.