Gurmeet Choudhary’s 2021 plans: My goal is to do five films this year
Ever since he made his Bollywood debut in 2015, Gurmeet Choudhary has preferred to do just one film a year, something that he calls a “conscious” choice, as he didn’t want to divert his focus on multiple projects. But the actor has had a change in stance now.
“I’m reading a lot of scripts. This year, I’ve sworn to myself that I’ll do five films. People complain a lot that I’m very choosy. Choosy hona padta hain if one wants to work with good filmmakers. But this year, my resolution and goal is to do five films. I’m preparing for that and I’m very close to achieving that I feel,” shares Choudhary.
So has this resolve to do more work anything to do with 2020 being such a washout for everyone in the film industry, including him?
“Last year a lot of our work got affected. We were just about managing everything. Now we shouldn’t even count 2020 because we were all sitting at home. There’s no point considering it to be part of our calendar,” says the 36-year-old, who became a household name after starring in TV show Ramayan and Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi.
Sharing the actual reason as to why he wants to kick up the momentum of his career, Choudhary says it is because his fans have want to see a lot more of him on screen and have even been requesting him to take up more work.
“People are like, ‘My wife is a big fan, my girlfriend is a big fan’ and add that they want to see more of me. I think I need to work back-to-back for them. That’s the biggest reason behind this decision. I want to be more visible. Now that the OTT platforms are here, sab khul gaya hai ab opprtuinitie wise. There is a lot of scope,” explains the actor, who has starred in films such as Khamoshiyan (2015) Wajah Tum Ho(2016), Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana (2017) and Paltan (2018).
While he’s hopeful about 2021, Choudhary does not want to dismiss last year as a total waste.
“For me, 2020 was quite good and eventful. I shot a film, The Wife and it will release this year. I also contracted Covid-19. I also travelled to Dubai, so it was more or less fine,” he concludes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.