Kangana Ranaut says she will direct Manikarnika Returns The Legend of Didda unless she finds ‘someone better’
Kangana Ranaut is likely to direct Manikarnika Returns: The Legend of Didda unless she finds ‘someone better’ than her to do it. She took over as the director of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi after claiming that the original director, Krish, abandoned the project.
Citing the box office collection of Manikarnika, Kangana said that she has ‘delivered a ₹100 crore film as a director’. She added, however, that she is ‘more than happy’ to be a part of Manikarnika Returns as just an actor.
Manikarnika Returns, a standalone sequel to Manikarnika, is another historical drama, which will bring to celluloid the story of Didda, the warrior queen of Kashmir.
Talking to The Times of India, Kangana said, I have delivered a ₹100 crore film as a director with Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi. So, I will try and keep myself as the director unless I find someone better than me for this job.”
“Obviously, I will be more than happy to just act as an actor because I have lots of responsibilities in terms of other projects that Manikarnika Productions is going to announce. The pressure is a lot but I do believe that I can do a lot. So, I'm looking for someone to direct but if not, then I am there, I will definitely do it,” she added.
Kangana fell out with Manikarnika’s original director, Krish, who accused her of hijacking his project. She, meanwhile, claimed that she stepped in after he abandoned the film. She also alleged that his product was inferior and she re-shot a majority of it. Both were given director's credit.
Manikarnika celebrated two years of its release on Monday. “The movie which broke my bones, 20 stitches n two fractures also broke many records. Highest weekend, Highest single day collection, Third highest grosser in the long list of blockbuster woman centric films and also most successful Indian film in Japan. #2YearsofManikarnika,” she wrote on Twitter. She also shared pictures of her injuries - one of her in a wheelchair with a cast on her foot and the other of the gash on her forehead caused by a mishap during a sword fight practice.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.