Sonali Phogat with Aly Goni on Bigg Boss 14.
Sonali Phogat with Aly Goni on Bigg Boss 14.

Bigg Boss 14: Sonali Phogat says her daughter ‘had no problems’ with her feelings for Aly Goni

Sonali Phogat opened up about developing feelings for Aly Goni on Bigg Boss 14. She said that her family was not upset about her confession on national television.
UPDATED ON JAN 26, 2021 12:58 PM IST

Sonali Phogat, who declared her feelings for Aly Goni on Bigg Boss 14, said that she has the support of her family. She added that her daughter followed the show and did not have any problem with her expressing her feelings.

Earlier this month, Sonali told Eijaz Khan that though she knows that there is no future with Aly, she cannot control her feelings for him. Sonali later confessed her feelings to Aly directly and said, “Jab se yeh baat hui tab se duniya alag hi nazar aa rahi hai (Ever since I developed these feelings, I see the world in a different light).”

Talking to ETimes, Sonali refuted rumours that her family is unhappy with her behaviour on Bigg Boss 14. “I have spoken to my daughter, my mother, father and my family and they are not upset or unhappy about anything. They don't find anything wrong in liking someone. They were not upset,” she said.

“In fact, my family is happy that their daughter is living her life on her own terms without getting scared or intimidated by anyone.They feel that even I have the right to be happy in life and they are very happy for me. In fact, my daughter has seen the show and she had no problems with my liking towards Aly Goni,” she added.

Sonali said that she sees no problem in ‘appreciating someone’. “If I have said on national television that I like Aly Goni, the way he talks, his looks. I like seeing him. I don't think it is wrong in any way. I don't regret sharing my feelings on national television. I did whatever I wanted to and I feel I was nowhere wrong,” she said.

Also see: Ankita Lokhande shares unseen memories with Sushant Singh Rajput, posts photo with his family from her Patna trip

Interestingly, Aly’s best friend Jasmin Bhasin, who said that she fell in love with him during Bigg Boss 14, also came out in support of Sonali earlier. When a Twitter user asked Jasmin to react to Sonali’s ‘fake feelings’ for Aly, she replied, “I think Sonali expressing her feelings for @AlyGoni was very cute. Love is love! There is no harm in sharing your feelings with someone. Aly knows how to deal with these things and I believe he is dealing with the situation very gracefully.”

Earlier, former Bigg Boss contestant Kamya Panjabi suggested that Sonali’s declaration of love for Aly could be a ‘strategy’ to survive nomination. “Yeh saare #SonaliPhogat ka mazaak udaa rahe hai ya Sonali game khel rahi hai pyaar n feelings ka natak karke??? Nominated hai strategy toh banaani padegi na (Is everyone making fun of Sonali or is she playing a game by pretending to be in love and have feelings? She is nominated, she has to have some strategy) #bb14 @ColorsTV,” she tweeted.

Related Stories

Bigg Boss 14: Sonali Phogat is the latest wild card entry.
Bigg Boss 14: Sonali Phogat is the latest wild card entry.

Bigg Boss 14: Sonali Phogat cries as she remembers her husband, says ‘I kept crying for years, did not sleep for a long time’

UPDATED ON DEC 24, 2020 05:23 PM IST
Bigg Boss 14: Sonali Phogat and Vikas Gupta entered the house earlier this week. While Vikas re-entered the show, Sonali is a wild card contestant.
Sonali Phogat is the new wild card contestant on Bigg Boss 14.
Sonali Phogat is the new wild card contestant on Bigg Boss 14.

Bigg Boss 14: Sonali Phogat talks about ‘mental torture’ after husband’s death, says she will stay ‘within the limits of decency’ on the show

By Samrudhi Ghosh | Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON DEC 23, 2020 11:51 AM IST
Sonali Phogat, who entered Bigg Boss 14 on Tuesday night as a wild card contestant, opened up about her game strategy and the struggles she faced after her husband’s death.
Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla came together on Bigg Boss 14.
Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla came together on Bigg Boss 14.

Rubina laughs off Abhinav’s claim that she wanted divorce over a cup of coffee

PUBLISHED ON FEB 28, 2021 05:45 PM IST
Rubina Dilaik denied that she and Abhinav Shukla almost got divorced because he forgot to get her coffee. She called it 'one of the many thousand examples that he conveniently said'.
Parth Samthaan and Erica Fernandes in Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
Parth Samthaan and Erica Fernandes in Kasautii Zindagii Kay.

Parth Samthaan reveals why he quit Kasautii Zindagii Kay reboot

PUBLISHED ON FEB 28, 2021 04:03 PM IST
  • Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
Rakhi Sawant's mother Jaya poses with Vikas Gupta.
Rakhi Sawant's mother Jaya poses with Vikas Gupta.

Vikas Gupta meets Rakhi Sawant's mom, says 'I think her new hairstyle is cool'

UPDATED ON FEB 28, 2021 02:15 PM IST
  • Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
Rahul Dilaik seems to have taken fashion inspiration from Rubina Dilaik.
Rahul Dilaik seems to have taken fashion inspiration from Rubina Dilaik.

Rahul Vaidya takes fashion inspiration from Rubina Dilaik, Twitter reacts

UPDATED ON FEB 27, 2021 09:23 PM IST
  • Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
Pavitra Punia spotted at the Mumbai airport on Saturday.
Pavitra Punia spotted at the Mumbai airport on Saturday.

Goa-bound Pavitra had reply at the ready when asked why Eijaz didn't see her off

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 08:00 PM IST
  • Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
This is the first time Sumona Chakravarti is living by herself.
This is the first time Sumona Chakravarti is living by herself.

Step inside Sumona Chakravarti's Scandinavian-inspired Mumbai home

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 07:08 PM IST
  • Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
Charu celebrates her birthday with husband and close friends.(Instagram)
Charu celebrates her birthday with husband and close friends.(Instagram)

Charu Asopa celebrates birthday with husband Rajeev Sen, watch video

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 05:11 PM IST
  • Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
Embracing fatherhood, Mohit Malik feels nervous and excited
Embracing fatherhood, Mohit Malik feels nervous and excited

Mohit Malik: ‘Don’t like people telling me bachche ho gaye, lag gayi tumhari’

By Sanchita Kalra
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 04:26 PM IST
Actor Mohit Malik shares how he is gearing up to welcome his baby, with wife Addite Shirwaikar Malik
Rahul Vaidya proposed to Disha Parmar on Bigg Boss 14.
Rahul Vaidya proposed to Disha Parmar on Bigg Boss 14.

'I wear my boyfriend's clothes', says Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 04:02 PM IST
  • Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
Himanshi Khurana recreated Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's song.
Himanshi Khurana recreated Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's song.

Himanshi Khurana recreates Aishwarya Rai’s song, fans gush over her expressions

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 03:27 PM IST
  • Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
Arpit Ranka (Sourced photo)
Arpit Ranka (Sourced photo)

Arpit Ranka: Mythology shows are lifeline of Indian TV

By S Farah Rizvi
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 02:53 PM IST
Known for playing numerous mythological characters in shows like ‘Mahabharat’, ‘Chandra Nandini,’ ‘Radha Krishn’ and many more, actor Arpit Ranka is elated to play a contemporary character in his ongoing show
Devoleena Bhattacharjee plans to get married next year.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee plans to get married next year.

Devoleena Bhattacharjee: My boyfriend does not belong to the entertainment industry

By Sugandha Rawal
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 01:21 PM IST
Devoleena Bhattacharjee is planning to get married next year, and the reason she doesn’t talk much about these things is because she is superstitious and scared of the evil eye.
Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla enjoy dancing together.(Instagram)
Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla enjoy dancing together.(Instagram)

Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik shares dance video with husband Abhinav Shukla

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 10:57 AM IST
  • Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
Rahul Vaidya with Disha Parmar.
Rahul Vaidya with Disha Parmar.

Rahul Vaidya takes girlfriend Disha Parmar on a helicopter ride, see here

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 08:53 AM IST
  • Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
Sohail Khan has sent a message for Rakhi Sawant.
Sohail Khan has sent a message for Rakhi Sawant.

Sohail Khan to Rakhi Sawant: 'If you need anything, just call me directly'

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 08:35 AM IST
Sohail Khan has told Rakhi Sawant to call him whenever she needs anything and has assured her that everything will fall in place.