Milind Soman: In 2021, I hope that I can resurrect my business and rehire people
The Covid-19 situation for past one year threw lives and economies in a tizzy all around the world. For Milind Soman, the impact of the pandemic hit harder as he his event management business came to a complete standstill causing job losses for many of his employees.
“I wish a better time for everybody,” shares the actor and fitness enthusiast when asked what his 2021 wish is.
He elaborates, “A lot of people lost their job, the economy has suffered. Not many know that I’ve been an event manager for more than 30 years. My own business which is an event company suffered. We do a lot of events but obviously when no travel is allowed and gatherings aren’t allowed, we can’t do anything.”
Soman says it was rather with a heavy heart that he had to let go of many employees during the lockdown.
“We had around 65 people in our Mumbai office but now there are about 15. So many people had to leave, so many people we had to let go because we didn’t have money to pay them. A lot of people are only getting 30 percent or 50 percent of the salary because there is just no business,” he laments.
However, the 55-year-old hopes that with things slowly getting back on track and restrictions being slowly lifted, this year things will look up for him.
“In 2021, I hope I can resurrect my business, we can start working again, rehire people,” he says.
At the work front, the actor himself has gone into the work mode and is seen in the recently released web series, an erotic period drama, Paurushpur,which he shot amid the pandemic itself.
“Other than the business part, 2020 has been good for me. As a person, I’m very adaptable, and want to continue to do that forever. The shoot of the show was fun. Now there’s a lot of work, people want to catch up and do stuff,” he ends.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal will tie the knot this Sunday, his uncle Anil Dhawan confirmed. Reportedly, the wedding will take place in Alibaug.
- Katrina Kaif on Wednesday posted a video of herself, sweating it out at a Pilates session with her trainer. Watch the video here.
- Priyanka Chopra experienced mixed feelings as she got the first copy of her upcoming memoir, Unfinished. She shared a video on Instagram, documenting her reaction.
- Actor Salman Khan's niece and nephew, Ayat and Ahil, visited the set of his new film, Antim: The Final Truth, and posed for pictures with their father, Aayush Sharma. See the pictures here.
- Twitter has offered reasons behind the restrictions that were made to Kangana Ranaut's account for a brief time.
- Kangana Ranaut went back on an earlier tweet in which she claimed that she isn't interested in seeing anyone's leaked messages or emails when she was questioned about her comments on Deepika Padukone and Rhea Chakraborty's leaked WhatsApp chats.
- Preity Zinta shared a sneak peek from her road trip with husband Gene Goodenough. She posted a loved-up snap of him carrying her in his arms.
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.