Nehha Pendse: I always wished to play UP-based character
Actor Nehha Pendse is glad that finally she learnt the art of being a homemaker during the lockdown.
“I have been acting since the age of ten and never had an opportunity to stay home at a stretch. Then, I was always dependent on my mother for running the house. But, when I got married last January, we got stuck in the lockdown and thereafter things changed completely. Now, I’m all well-versed with how to run a household along with my career,” said ‘Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari’ actor.
Nehha has done a large number of Marathi, South and Hindi films along with TV shows, including comedy series ‘May I Come in Madam’, and feels work of an actor should never be limited to genres and lingo. “I love acting and at times feel that I have been on shooting sets forever. Starting as a child artiste made me understand acting as per my observation and I have learnt to fly as an actor. Be it genres or regions, I never limit myself as that’s the best part of my profession.”
Seen in light comedy film like ‘Dil toh Baccha Hai Ji’, Neha enjoys to her connect with fun characters. “I’m not a big fan of slapstick comic series instead I enjoy situational comedy shows that lately I have been a part of. That’s the reason I took up ‘Bhabhi ji…’ which set in Uttar Pradesh. As I have worked across regions, I always wished to play a UP-based character too because why should I leave this side of the country unexplored as an actor.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.