On MGR's birth anniversary, Kangana Ranaut and Thalaivi makers share Arvind Swamy's look from film. See here
Actor Kangana Ranaut has shared a new picture from her upcoming film Thalaivi. The picture was unveiled as a special tribute to late actor-politician, MGR on his birth anniversary.
Taking to Twitter and other social media platforms, Kangana shared a tribute video on the life of MGR. She also shared a picture featuring her as the late Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa and actor Arvind Swamy as MGR.
"Tribute to the legend #MGR on his birth anniversary, revolutionary leader n a mentor to #Thalaivi," Kangana wrote in her tweet. The photo showed her in 60's style hair do and jewellery, in a romantic dance pose with Arvind, who looks unrecognisable in a clean-shaven look.
Exactly one year ago, the makers had shared Arvind's first look pictures from the movie. A release date has not been announced yet.
Kangana wrapped up film's shoot in December. Sharing a picture of herself in make-up and costume, flashing a victory sign, and a picture of Jayalalithaa, Kangana wrote on Twitter, “And it’s a wrap, today we successfully completed the filming of our most ambitious project Thalaivi- the revolutionary leader, rarely an actor finds a character that comes alive in flesh and blood and I fall in love so hard but now suddenly it’s time to say bye, mixed feelings.”
She further wrote, “Opportunity of a lifetime thank you team @vishinduri @ShaaileshRSingh @BrindaPrasad1 @neeta_lulla @rajatsaroraa , Vijendra Parsad ji @ballusaluja @gvprakash @thearvindswami and director A. L. Vijay sir, each and every member of my wonderful crew, thank you thank you thank you.”
Thalaivi is a multilingual biographical film made in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu , and is directed by A. L. Vijay. It is produced by Vishnu Vardhan Induri and Shailesh R Singh under their respective banners Vibri Media, Karma Media And Entertainment in association with Gothic Entertainment and Sprint films.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Most filmmakers welcome the new guidelines for OTT while Onir called it 'death of Cinema and Good content'. Ali Abbar Zafar has called it a good step
- Jacqueline Fernandez shared a glorious sunkissed picture of hers and showering her with praise and love were not just her many fans but internationally known, DJ Snake. See here.
- Mistakes in films continue to happen no matter how careful a filmmaker is but several years down the line, they just become a way of remembering the film with a smile.
- From rumours of Emma Watson's retirement from acting making headlines to Salman Khan joining Shah Rukh Khan on sets of Pathan, here are top entertainment news stories
- Ranveer Singh gushed over his wife and actor Deepika Padukone's beauty in her latest picture. See his comment here.
- Amrita Rao has said that she wasn't prepared to handle many new mother problems as parents forget to tell their children many things by the time they become grandparents.
- Spotted outside a food joint in Mumbai, Deepika Padukone was seen struggling when a woman tried to pull her purse in an attempt to sell tissues.
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.