Sushmita Sen’s daughter Renee reveals why she chose to not know her biological parents, says she wants to adopt
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
Sushmita Sen inspired millions when she chose to embrace motherhood at the age of 24 and adopt her daughter Renee. Renee, who recently made her acting debut with the short film Suttabaazi, said that for her, ‘adopted’ and ‘biological’ are merely terms and she has never felt the difference.
Renee, who was given the option to know who her biological parents were when she turned 18 but refused, said that she did not feel the need to. She added that Sushmita is ‘everything’ to her.
In an interview with Bollywood Bubble, Renee said, “I have seen love in its purest form. This difference between adopted and biological... There is no difference for me, it is only a term. I don't feel a difference.”
On being asked why she chose not to know about her biological parents, Renee said, “I don't feel the need to. She (Sushmita) is my everything. I also understand that my 'biological’ parents may have had some circumstances or whatever but that is history. This is my family. This is who I am. Why should I kick all my blessings in the face? It does not make sense to me. I mean no disrespect to anybody who does want to know. By all means, please, if it makes you happy. But it does not make me happy."
Renee also expressed her desire to adopt someday. “Of course I want to adopt. To me, adoption and biology are no different. It is just a term that people have given,” she said.
Earlier this month, Renee made her debut with a short film titled Suttabaazi, in which she plays a rebellious teenager stuck at home with her conservative parents during the lockdown. The film, directed by Kabeer Khurana, came out on Disney+ Hotstar.
Sushmita adopted her younger daughter, Alisah, in 2010. She has earlier called motherhood a ‘magical’ experience and said that having children gave her stability in life.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.
- Abhishek Bachchan has shared a picture from the sets of Dasvi and is seen in a powerful avatar. He plays Ganga Ram Chaudhary in the comedy film.
- Following IT raids at Anurag Kashyap's premises, Neeraj Ghaywan shared a picture from his library and tweeted, 'there’s definitely something there inside those books, too much wealth in them.'
- Slumdog Millionaire star Madhur Mittal has been accused of sexual assault by a former girlfriend. An FIR has been filed against the actor.