Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal wedding: Actor shares pics, says 'life long love just became official'
Actor Varun Dhawan and his long-time girlfriend, fashion designer Natasha Dalal got married in Alibaug on Sunday. The wedding took place at a resort named, The Mansion House.
Varun shares first photos from the wedding:
Varun and Natasha tie the knot
As per media reports, Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are officially married. Their fans are still waiting for their first pictures as husband and wife.
Family sends food packets for paparazzi
Members of the paparazzi gathered outside were sent packets of food by the family.
Venue sparkles with lights
Pictures and videos from outside the wedding venue show how the entire resort has been decked up in thousands of lights. Guests were seen reaching the venue in their cars. No inside pictures have been made available online yet.
Satish Kaushik reveals why he won't attend wedding
Filmmaker-actor Satish Kaushik has talked about why he will not be attending Varun's wedding. "Everyone knows what COVID-19 has done to us and to the whole society. So you know family ka jab ek function hota hai it is very limited people. So definitely even though David and me are good friends but we will not be attending the wedding. I wish Varun a happy married life with Natasha. They are beautiful and very nice kids. So my wishes are there, but yes we will not be attending because of COVID, because we have to have a limited number of people and that is close family members," he said in an interview to Koimoi.
Karan Johar arrives at wedding venue
Filmmaker Karan Johar has arrived at the wedding venue in Alibaug. He was seen in a white, black and yellow outfit.
Karan Johar leaves for the wedding venue
Filmmaker Karan Johar was seen at the jetty in Mumbai, leaving for the wedding venue.
Manish Malhotra, Kunal Kohli spotted
Fashion designer and Varun's relative from his mother's side, Manish Malhotra was spotted by the paparazzi outside the venue. He was seen wearing a black and golden kurta with white pyjamas. Filmmaker Kunal Kohli was also seen heading to the beach with his daughter.
Dhol party and decoration installers get to work
Musicians and men from the dhol party were seen at the venue. A few decorators were seen carrying a light installation which read: "Awkward but enthusiastic dancing".
Priest seen at wedding venue
Earlier on Sunday morning the priest, who would be conducting the wedding rituals, was spotted arriving at the wedding venue.
As per a report in Pinkvilla, Varun and Natasha are expected to tie the knot between 12.15 to 12.55pm.
The festivities have begun in right earnest with the sangeet and mehendi ceremonies, which were scheduled to take place on Saturday. Varun also had a fun time with his guy friends before the wedding. On Friday, family members from either side were spotted reaching the venue.
Earlier, speaking to Pinkvilla, Varun's uncle, actor Anil Dhawan has shared his thoughts on the upcoming wedding. He said that this would be the last wedding from Varun's generation. “We are very excited. This is the last marriage in our family from Varun’s generation. Rohit (Dhawan, Varun’s elder brother) got married, my children got married and my elder brother's kids are also married. Toh yeh complete circle ho jayega (this will be a complete circle). We are just doing the rituals among our families and not doing any bing bang.”
Incidentally, amid much speculation, it was Anil who had confirmed the Varun-Natasha Dalal wedding. He had also revealed the date. Speaking to Spotboye, some days back, he had said: "My nephew Varun is getting married on 24 January. I am looking forward to it."
While pictures are scarce so far, on Saturday, some select guests including Zoa Morani, Shashank Khaitan and Manish Malhotra were seen reaching Alibaug. Also seen at the jetty was filmmaker Riteish Sidhwani's wife Dolly Sidhwani with her children.
Varun's hairstylist, members of the dhol party and the mehendi artist were also spotted at the venue.
Friends of Varun reportedly threw a party, at a place close to the wedding venue. Pictures of the actor chilling with his guy gang flooded the internet, late on Saturday.
Reportedly, the same company which planned Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli's wedding has been in-charged with managing the show here too. There is a strict no-cellphone policy in place too. While Natasha will wear clothes designed by her, Varun will be seen in outfits by Kunal Rawal.
As per a report in Spotboye, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor were to dance at the sangeet, with Karan Johar organising the show.
Celeb guest list
As per a report in Times of India, the select celebrity guestlist includes names like Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Karan Johar, Katrina Kaif, Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Sajid Nadiadwala and Jacqueline Fernandez.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.