Priyanka Chopra is full of gratitude on The White Tiger's success as film is viewed in 27 mn households, shares note
Priyanka Chopra has shared a note on the success of her latest film, The White Tiger. She took to Instagram to share a special poster declaring the film is number one in 64 countries and would have been seen by 27 million households in just four weeks of its release.
Sharing the poster, Priyanka wrote, "It’s so emotional for me to see the discovery and acceptance of this brilliant incredible story. The White Tiger being embraced by audiences all over the world is awe inspiring. Congrats and thank you to Aravind, Ramin, Adarsh, Raj, Mukul, Ava and everyone involved. Thank you Netflix for giving our little movie wings. #grateful."
The film is in contention for BAFTA nominations in seven categories. The movie is among the 15 features vying for a spot in the final five for the best picture honour. The film's lead star, Adarsh Gourav, has made it to best actor longlist that also includes Riz Ahmed for Sound of Metal, late star Chadwick Boseman for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, and 12 others.
Priyanka is in fray for best supporting actress nod. The list also include Maria Bakalova of Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Ellen Burstyn of Pieces of a Woman, Glenn Close for Hillbilly Elegy and Olivia Colman for The Father, among others.
Also featuring Rajkummar Rao, The White Tiger chronicled the extraordinary journey of a driver named, Balram (Adarsh). It follows Balram's rise from a poor villager to a successful entrepreneur in India, showcasing how hunger and lack of opportunity can build and drive a human being's animal instinct of survival.
Priyanka stars as Pinky Madam, a first-generation immigrant in the US, who is married to Rajkummar's character Ashok. She also served as an executive producer on the film along with Emmy award-winning filmmaker Ava DuVernay. Netflix has produced the movie in association with Mukul Deora.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.
- I Care a Lot movie review: Rosamund Pike is in proper Gone Girl mode in director J Blakeson's devilishly entertaining dark comedy, out on Netflix.
- Singer FKA Twigs has offered more details about the alleged abuse that she faced during her relationship with actor Shia LaBeouf.
- Joe and Anthony Russo, directors of Marvel's Avengers: Endgame, have debunked a fan theory that was seemingly endorsed by the film's writers previously.