I don't have a girlfriend: Ishant Sharma
He is just 19, already worth millions and cricket's hottest young property Ishant Sharma will make a mark in Bollywood soon with an appearance in Ajit Pal's cricketing movie Victory.
But that, according to the rumour mill, is not his only filmi connection - stories have been floating about a relationship with actress Sameera Reddy.
Some news sites reported that he and Sameera met during the IPL and have, since then, been constantly exchanging messages and calls. Not so, says Ishant. "I haven't even met her" He has no girlfriend and is still very much single, he says.
But talk about Katrina Kaif and he blushes. Ishant has been frank about his admiration for the actress.
"Katrina is just a friend, nothing else. There's nothing more to it."
The sports star is yet to become a seasoned corporate-cricketer who has his every word measured and is very much the boy-next door hanging around with friends in Patel Nagar Fresh from the tri-series at Bangladesh, which ended in disappointment after India lost to Pakistan in the finals, Ishant now wants to focus on the upcoming Asia Cup in Pakistan.
"This tour (Bangladesh) wasn't a good one for me. Now I want to give my best in the upcoming one," says Ishant, who was at the launch of a new Reebok outlet in Safdarjung.
The lanky 6' 4" 1ad was seen checking out his IPL Kolkata team jersey, and other cricketing gears. So, what was sharing the same dressing room with Ricky Ponting like?
"Oh, wonderful. He is a class player and it was a great experience," he says.
Did it ever occur to him that playing for Delhi would've been better? "We are professionals, and it was all the same," says Ishant, a tad disappointed with his not-so-good show in the IPL - he was the most expensive pick for Shah Rukh Khan at Rs 3.8 crores.
"Ya, I know. But in Twenty 20 you have so less time to adapt." Has his life changed in the past year? "A lot," says Ishant. "But I haven't, and neither have my dear ones."
Ishant recently watched Mere Baap Pehle Aap. "I love comedies," he says, believing in "having a good laugh, if I'm paying". So who is Ishant's favourite Bollywood star other than Katrina? 'Well, no one,' he says. "It's Katrina only," he says and signs off.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prakash Raj is the latest addition to the cast of Mani Ratnam's ambitious period drama Ponniyin Selvan. The two first worked together in Iruvar in 1997.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Kavita Kaushik took a dig at Rubina Dilaik while saying that she deserves to win the Bigg Boss 14 trophy. Earlier, Kavita walked out of the show after a nasty fight with Rubina.
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a review of Tandav, which said that Dimple Kapadia 'upstaged' her co-star Saif Ali Khan. While Twinkle praised Saif's performance as well, she said that 'mama bear is still the best'.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- Sidharth Shukla watched the first three episodes of Tandav and praised the show. He also gave a shout-out to Gauahar Khan and said that he loved her performance.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.