Jackie O hated Luther King and his orgies
It has been revealed that former first lady Jackie Kennedy hated Martin Luther King and called the leader a ‘terrible man” and “phoney”.
An interview taped between Mrs Kennedy and Arthur Schlesinger, a historian and Kennedy aide in 1964, has revealed that she was disgusted over the black civil leader’s claims of having been drunk during the assassinated President’s funeral.
“I just can’t see a picture of Martin Luther King without thinking, you know, that man’s terrible,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
The late wife of former US President also said that her brother-in-law Robert told her that King made disparaging remarks about JFK at the funeral and Cardinal Richard Cushing, who delivered the eulogy.
“He made fun of Cardinal Cushing and said that he was drunk at it [the funeral] – and things about they almost dropped the coffin. I mean Martin Luther King is really a tricky person,” she stated.
Mrs Kennedy said that her view of King was formed after being told of secret FBI wiretaps which showed him trying to organise a sex party before he attended the March on Washington in August 1963, at which he delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech.
Caroline Kennedy, their daughter has allowed the tapes to be released to ABC in return for their cancelling the mini series about the family and the release is timed to mark the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy-era administration, where the White House came to be known as “Camelot”.
Seven conversation between Mrs Kennedy and the historian also revealed that JFK was worried about the then vice-president Lyndon Johnson succeeding him that he schemed with his brother Robert to stop it from happening.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Women’s Day Special | Ekta Kapoor, Guneet Monga and Tahira Kashyap Khurrana: We just want to create better opportunities for women
Bobby Deol: Have never given importance to awards, my father’s been a legend, didn’t get a single Best Actor award
Anupria Goenka: There are many stereotypes attached to women even today in our workplace, pay disparity being one
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba on Sunday shared a cute and never-seen-before picture of Taimur Ali Khan. See it here.
- Alia Bhatt is already in birthday spirits. She took to Instagram and revealed she has received a bunch of gifts from director Shashank Khaitan.
- Taapsee Pannu was recently in the news for the I-T raids carried out at her property in Mumbai. The actor has now revealed how her family had reacted to the searches.
- Bombay Begums review: Terrific performances by Pooja Bhatt, Amruta Subhash, Plabita Borthakur, Shahana Goswami and Manish Chaudhary smooth out the creases in Alankrita Shrivastava's Netflix show.
- On International Women's Day, Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter to share pictures with the favourite women in her life. She also said how everyday was 'Women's Day'.
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik and Bigg Boss 13's Paras Chhabra are coming together for a music video. See their pictures and videos from the shoot.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan dropped a new picture with a friend and upped her glamour game. She is currently in New York.