Jackie O hated Luther King and his orgies
It has been revealed that former first lady Jackie Kennedy hated Martin Luther King and called the leader a ‘terrible man” and “phoney”.
An interview taped between Mrs Kennedy and Arthur Schlesinger, a historian and Kennedy aide in 1964, has revealed that she was disgusted over the black civil leader’s claims of having been drunk during the assassinated President’s funeral.
“I just can’t see a picture of Martin Luther King without thinking, you know, that man’s terrible,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
The late wife of former US President also said that her brother-in-law Robert told her that King made disparaging remarks about JFK at the funeral and Cardinal Richard Cushing, who delivered the eulogy.
“He made fun of Cardinal Cushing and said that he was drunk at it [the funeral] – and things about they almost dropped the coffin. I mean Martin Luther King is really a tricky person,” she stated.
Mrs Kennedy said that her view of King was formed after being told of secret FBI wiretaps which showed him trying to organise a sex party before he attended the March on Washington in August 1963, at which he delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech.
Caroline Kennedy, their daughter has allowed the tapes to be released to ABC in return for their cancelling the mini series about the family and the release is timed to mark the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy-era administration, where the White House came to be known as “Camelot”.
Seven conversation between Mrs Kennedy and the historian also revealed that JFK was worried about the then vice-president Lyndon Johnson succeeding him that he schemed with his brother Robert to stop it from happening.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Several Bollywood celebrities such as Karan Johar; Riteish Deshmukh and his wife, Genelia; Sussanne Khan; and Neelam Kothari Soni, were spotted at the birthday party of Ekta Kapoor's son, Ravie.
- As the Supreme Court refused to grant protection to the makers of Tandav, here are all the controversies that have plagued the Amazon Prime Video political drama, created by Ali Abbas Zafar and starring Saif Ali Khan.
- Bobby Deol's wife, Tanya, once recalled the story of how the actor made moves on her by calling her in the dead of night, only to be ignored.
- A picture of Khushi Kapoor and her cousin, Shanaya, taking dance lessons, is being widely shared online.
- Masaba Gupta has thanked her mother, actor Neena Gupta, for keeping her grounded. "I have seen kids who are really bad at what they do, being told that they are kings and queens," she said.