Master to have its digital premiere on Amazon Prime on January 29
Actor Vijay’s latest Tamil release Master is all set to premiere on Amazon Prime on January 29, it was announced on Wednesday. The action-thriller marks the maiden collaboration of Vijay and director Lokesh Kanagaraj.
In a statement, Amazon Prime announced the digital premiere date of Master, which had released in cinemas worldwide on January 13.
In the film, Vijay plays an alcoholic college professor called John Durairaj. Vijay Sethupathi, who plays the antagonist, essays a character called Bhavani.
Talking about the film’s premiere, he said in the statement: “I am certain that the interesting duel between John and Bhavani will take the audiences on a roller-coaster ride of action, and drama. I am glad that the fans can enjoy the film on Amazon Prime Video in India and across the world.”
The film has so far grossed over ₹200 crore worldwide and in Tamil Nadu alone it has become Vijay’s fifth film to breach into ₹100 crore club.
Director Lokesh Kanagaraj is hopeful of reaching wider audiences through the digital premiere on Amazon Prime.
“It is extremely fulfilling as a filmmaker to have the film's global digital release on Amazon Prime Video – audiences from across the world can enjoy the movie starting the 29th of January,” Lokesh said in the statement.
Master was the first pan-Indian release of 2021. The film, which was dubbed and released in Hindi and Telugu, also stars Malavika Mohanan, Shanthanu Bhagyaraj and Andrea Jeremiah among others.
It’s worth mentioning that Master, which has been directed by Lokesh Kanagaraj, released across the country with 50 percent occupancy in theatres.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Aishwaryaa Dhanush took to Instagram and shared a picture with her son Lingaa and urged followers to wear a mask.
- Aelay is a fun, sweet film that gets so much right about life in a small village and their tradition but is needlessly long drawn.
Malavika Mohanan: I find it annoying when people put Bollywood at a higher pedestal than other film industries
- Shruti Haasan has shared a few adorable pictures with her superstar father Kamal Haasan on Instagram.
- Dhanush's upcoming movie Jagame Thandhiram skips the theatres for an OTT release. The movie is set to stream on Netflix India and the teaser has been released.
- Suriya has tested negative to Covid 19. His producer friend Rajsekar Pandian tweeted to share the news. Ealier this month, the actor had tweeted to inform that he had contracted the virus.
- Actor Siddharth, of Rang De Basanti fame, had a heated exchange on Twitter with a person who abused him.
- Rajinikanth paid a visit to Ilayaraja’s new music studio in Chennai.
- Nidhhi Agerwal was in for a shock when she came to know that her fans in Chennai had built a temple in her name. She has done only two films in Tamil so far.
- Kutty Story is a cocktail of love stories with some quirky twists. Except for Nalan’s refreshing short on male insecurity in a marriage, other shorts come across as promising but never work wholesomely.
- Care of Kaadhal is one of those films that leave you with a rewarding experience only if you’ve patiently waited for the end, and the way the stories culminate makes for a moving experience.
- Suriya, who tested positive for Covid-19 earlier this month, has returned home and will self-isolate for a few days. His brother, Karthi, shared the update on Twitter.
- Actor Ramya Krishnan has shared a throwback picture with Sanjay Dutt from the time they did Khalnayak together. Incidentally, Thursday is also Sanjay and his wife Maanayata's wedding anniversary.