Shraddha Srinath asks if Natasha Dalal will accept Varun Dhawan romancing other heroines in films, takes on misogyny
South actor Shraddha Srinath made a strong comment on the misogyny faced by female actors after getting married with her tongue-in-cheek congratulatory message for Varun Dhawan on tying the knot with Natasha Dalal. Shraddha sarcastically remarked that Varun’s career will be limited now, as Natasha and his in-laws would not approve of him romancing other heroines on screen.
“Another good actor bites the dust. Sad that we will not see him on screen again. Obviously his wife and in laws will not be okay with him acting with other heroines. Maybe he will switch to doing male oriented films? But how to balance personal life and work life ya. Tough. Will miss him. Congratulations though, Varun,” she wrote.
Varun and Natasha exchanged marital vows in a low-key ceremony at The Mansion House in Alibaug on Sunday. The wedding was attended by just 40-50 of their closest friends and family members, keeping in mind the Covid-19 restrictions. Karan Johar, Shashank Khaitan, Manish Malhotra and Kunal Kohli were among the few from the film industry who made it to the wedding.
Several of Varun’s industry colleagues congratulated him on Instagram, including Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma, Shraddha Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt.
Karan, who launched Varun in Bollywood with Student of the Year, penned an emotional note on Instagram. Reminiscing about their first meeting in Goa, Karan talked about directing Varun years later and feeling paternal towards him.
“When he faced the camera for me for the first time I developed an immediately protective feeling of love and care for him..: almost assuming the role of a parent.... that feeling today came alive in abundance as I saw him walk with his loved one around the holy fire of trust and commitment... my boy is all grown up and ready for this beautiful phase in his life... congratulations my darling Natasha and Varun! My blessings and love forever ....love you,” Karan wrote.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.