Divyanka Tripathi shares cosy photo with Vivek Dahiya on engagement anniversary, celebrates ‘leap of faith’
Television actor Divyanka Tripathi is celebrating the fifth anniversary of the day she got engaged to her husband, television actor Vivek Dahiya. On the occasion, she shared a cosy photo of them surrounded by several candles, along with a romantic note, on Instagram.
“Life surprises us...but at times we must take a leap of faith and surprise the life! Look Viv, where we are today...In our own little Wonderland...thanks to that decision! Cheers to our #EngagementAnniversary @vivekdahiya,” she wrote.
“Cheers to those who are planning to change their life in a jiffy...in any way! Life is a gamble, if your gut feeling allows you, take a deep breath and take the plunge. #15thJanuary #DivekEngagementAnniversary,” she added.
Divyanka and Vivek, who worked together in the show Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, were first introduced by their mutual friend and co-star Pankaj Bhatia in August 2015, with the suggestion that the two should get married. They were both looking at settling down and did not have a courtship period.
After getting engaged on January 15, 2016, Divyanka and Vivek tied the knot in a traditional Hindu ceremony in Bhopal on July 8 that year. The wedding was a close-knit affair with around 200 guests in attendance.
Last month, for Divyanka’s birthday, Vivek whisked her off on a romantic getaway to one of their favourite destinations, Udaipur. To wish her, he shared a sweet picture of them and wrote, “Out of all the amazing things you’ve achieved in your life so far..here’s my two most fav..1) being born today 2) coming into my life as a permanent member. #HappyBirthdayLove @divyankatripathidahiya.”
A few months ago, Divyanka objected to Vivek being referred to as her husband. “Why don’t they refer to it as @VivekDahiya08 and wifey?It wasn’t even my post! I’m here since eons but does the industry give new talent much deserved respect? Let’s not cry fowl on name of nepotism. Vicious circle starts here! Not targeting one. Pointing at a common practice,” she wrote on Twitter.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant has said she does not like Abhinav Shukla at all, adding that she did not cross any limit when she pulled at his drawstrings inside Bigg Boss 14 house.
- Abhinav Shukla opened up on Rakhi Sawant's advances at him on Bigg Boss 14 and how he felt 'dejected' when host Salman Khan sided with her.
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- After promising a surprise to her fans, Jasmin Bhasin and Aly Goni have revealed first look of their music video together. Check out the first poster.
- Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Pavitra Punia and Eijaz Khan came together for Naina Singh's birthday bash on Friday.
- Anita Hassanandani has shared two cute videos on her Instagram Stories in which she can be seen pampering her son, Aaravv.
- Rubina Dilaik was extremely angry and fought with Rakhi Sawant when she got to know about the incident. Abhinav has now said that the reaction made him feel a 'sense of belonging'.