Donal Bisht trolled for bikini pics: My choice of clothes is no one’s business
Social media trolling is something that celebrities are often subjected to. And many of them have been constantly raising concern around how toxic the space is getting every day. Donal Bisht recently went through a similar phase. The Ek Deewaana Tha actor shares that the bikini photos she posted sometime back have been subjected to insensitive comments which prompted her to post her point of view in her latest Instagram story. “Clothes can’t explain a woman’s character! Never judge a woman by her clothes! Judge her by her heart,” she wrote.
Talking about the incident, the actor says, “My choice of clothes is no one’s business. And writing obscene comments on bikini pictures is nothing but a reflection of the pitiful mindset the trolls hold. Women should be allowed to wear what they want, and whatever they feel comfortable in, without being judged… And I’m not the first person on the planet who wore a bikini! Why make a big deal about it?”
While the actor tries to stay away from the toxicity, it does at times gets on to her. And the worst part is that it also affects her family.
“My mother does get upset at times and even asks me to take down a particular picture after it gets ‘not-very-good’ comments. Given our profession, we know the reality, so we try to stay unbothered to an extent but there are people close to us, who aren’t part of the industry, who get really worried about these comments,” she adds.
On how she personally wades through this negativity, Bisht begins by saying how being on social media 24X7 isn’t good for the mind.
“I try and focus on the brighter side of life always, scroll past any negative comments. It’s important to focus on feel-good content. But yes when things go overboard like it did this time I do feel the need of addressing it and put my point of view forward once and for all. Now if things still don’t work out I might consult the cyber crime cell. At the end of the day, if one hasn’t done anything wrong then it should not bother them anyway,” she ends.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Author tweets @Shreya_MJ
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.