Eijaz Khan says being broke wasn't the only reason he did Bigg Boss; he also wanted to resurrect career
- Eijaz Khan has said that going through financial difficulties wasn't the only reason that he did Bigg Boss 14; he also wanted to resurrect his career.
Bigg Boss 14 contestant Eijaz Khan has said that he had a terrible time during the lockdown, and that he participated in the reality show to use it as a launchpad for a career comeback.
In an interview, Eijaz spoke about facing financial difficulties, but said that this wasn't the only reason that he agreed to be a part of Bigg Boss. Eijaz abruptly left the show due to prior work commitments, but has hinted at a comeback.
He told SpotboyE, "I went through a very challenging career. Financially challenging also. And that we cannot count as there were more people who went under more challenging times... It was difficult. But my difficulty was not more than all those people who were walking on the roads with their children... People have seen worse times. Mujhe nahi bolna ki lockdown mein mere saath kya hua (I don't want to talk about what the lockdown was like for me). But yes, I was going through a financially challenged phase but that was not the only reason that I picked up Bigg Boss."
He continued, "Of course, I wanted to make a comeback. I wanted to make clear that perceptions about me was a false perception. And I saw this as a right platform. I decided to go and become the winner of this game and now with all the love and affection which I am getting by my fans, what can go wrong with me?"
On the show, Eijaz made headlines for his relationship with Pavitra Punia, whom he has since fallen in love with. “After I came out the first person I met was my brother and then I straight went to meet my father. I told him that I really love Pavitra and this is serious," he told SpotboyE in an earlier interview.
In November, he'd spoken about his financial difficulties in an episode, and said that he had ₹4,000 in his bank account and had to take a loan of ₹1.5 lakh from a friend to pay for an advance.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.