I love television as a medium: Roopal Tyagi
Actor Roopal Tyagi feels no medium is big or small, be it films or TV. “It’s absolutely true that each medium has its own pros and reach. I love television as a medium as its reach is far much wider and we get larger set of audience to entertain. I have done 14 shows, including reality series, since I started doing TV in 2007. I am totally contented in terms of my career and profession,” said the ‘Dill Mill Gaye’ actor.
Talking about her early days, she said, “I am a trained dancer and became assistant choreographer in Bollywood. My last film in this field was ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’. Same year, I decided to try my luck in TV and finally bagged my first role in ‘Hamari Betiyoon Ka Vivaah.’ Things changed for me after playing Gunjan in ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke’ and it made me a known television artiste in no time. Thereafter, work continued to happen but I selected only those projects that I found interesting. I even tried my hand in dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ and ‘Bigg Boss 9’ just for an experience.”
With her roots in UP, Roopal misses going back to her native place. “Meerut was so much fun specially when it came to celebrate Holi. I missed those festivities while in Bangalore and Mumbai. We youngsters used to have blast in Meerut. I always miss the food and its typical lingo,” shared Roopal.
Currently, she is busy with her UP-based show ‘Ranju Ki Betiyaan’ where she plays one of the protagonists.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Nakuul Mehta and Jankee Parekh welcomed their son earlier this month. The latter took to Instagram and shared her experience of embracing motherhood.
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.