All eyes on your back
Forget those straps and stringy dresses. Backless dresses are back with a bang. We recently saw Hollywood beauties sizzle in backless gowns on the red carpet. Eva Longoria wore a classic blackless gown by Zac Posen at this year's Golden Globe award while Emma Stone sizzled in a coral backless number by Calvin Klein. Even the Oscars saw a bevy of beauties pull off backless gown with élan. Scarlett Johansson chose to wear a deep burgundy Dolce & Gabbana lace gown with a big cut that showed off her sculpted back whereas Anne Hathaway set the mercury soaring high in a bright red gown by Valentino. Even our desi divas have been spotted wearing daringly low backs recently. Sri Devi looked ravishing in a low back purple gown at this year’s Filmfare award. Aishwarya Rai was also spotted wearing a backless anarkali suit at a recent wedding. So, if you too want to doll up in sexy, backless numbers, here’s how you can get that million dollar back.
Going to a spa for a back enhancing treatment is a good idea. “Oil nourishes the skin. If you have normal or dry skin use almond oil. Virgin olive oil works well with oily skin,”advises beauty head Dr Shobha Sehgal, VLCC.
There’s a lot you can do at home to make your back supple. Alka Katar, spa director, Radisson, says, “Mix oat meal powder with fresh cream and the juice of half a lemon. Rub it on your back in gentle, circular movements. You can then apply mashed papaya pulp and leave it on for 15 minutes,” she says.
Before slipping into that backless number, even out the skin of your back with a body foundation. Go for a water free foundation that won’t stain your clothes. “Always take someone’s help while applying make-up on your back. “Cover blemishes, acne marks and tan marks with a concealer,” says make-up artist Vidya Tikari.
Add some shine
You can use a shiner to liven up your back. “When you apply a bronzer on your back, use the powder sparingly with the help of a brush to contour your shoulder blades the way you highlight your cheekbones,” says Tikari.
For a flawless and soft back
Get rid of acne: Touch-ing or scratching the acne on your back can leave permanent marks. Use a medicated soap to wash your back. Consult a dermatologist for an anti-acne cream.
Clear up: If you have too many acne marks, dark sports and freckles on your back, you can go for skin clearing treatments such as microdermabrasion or chemical peeling.
Moisturise: Moisturise your back regularly with a moisturiser that suits your skin. The best time to moisturise is after bath, when your pores are clean and open and can seal in the moisture.
Back enhancing beauty buys
Keep the tan away
How it works: This Clinique body cream hydrates your skin.
Where to get: Clinique store, Select CityWalk, Saket
Add some glitz
How it works: This Inglot Face & Body Illuminator is perfect to liven up your back for a party.
Where to get: Inglot store, DLF Promenade
Seal in moisture
How it works: This vetiver and cardamom body lotion from Iraya gives your back a natural sheen.
Where to get: The Fitness Centre, Shangri La
Some extra dazzle
How it works: This To The Beach-Body Oil from MAC adds a sultry lustre to your skin.
Where to get: All MAC stores in the city
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For the shooting of a new advertisement, Mira Rajput wore a gorgeous tile print mini draped ruffled dress. We are fan of this summery look.
- The 78th annual Golden Globe Awards 2021 was held on February 28. While most of the celebrities attended the show from the comforts of their home, some made it to the red carpet and flaunted their gorgeous sartorial picks. Some, however, did not make it to the best dressed list.
- As the Globes split hosts, with Amy Poehler at the Beverly Hilton and Tina Fey at the Rainbow Room in New York. There was nary a pair of sweats in sight.
- After returning from the Maldives, Shilpa Shetty stepped out for lunch with her family at her restaurant and opted to wear a co-ord set that was comfy and chic at the same time.
- For a day outing, Rakul Preet opted to wear a beautiful lemon yellow mini dress with a crop denim jacket. The actor imparted summer vibes with her ensemble and we are inspired.
- Mouni Roy is the new millennial trendsetter and these pictures of her in cool and fast fashion of tie and dye loungewear are proof
- Malaika Arora recently took to Instagram to wish her fans a happy Sunday as the actor enjoyed a lazy day at home wearing a sports bra and sweat pants.
- Sonkashi Sinha lays perfect style tips to break all the fashion records on a work-day in a dainty pink suit set with bell-sleeves and gorgeous pastel colour-base that has left us hooked with its must-have appeal for our summer closet
- Want to raise the hotness quotient while looking effortlessly trendy? Search no further and take fashion cues from Radhika Madan whose fun and fearless style for Netflix series ‘Spotlight’ looks fresh as spring in an off-shoulder scarlet crop top, jeans and red heels
- For a promotional event of her recently released film, The Girl On The Train, Parineeti Chopra showed how to slay in an all-black attire and add extra oomph to it.