Be selfie ready: Here’s how to use make up to look your best
Highlight your best features and look radiant whether it be for a formal lunch or a soiree with these expert tips.fashion and trends Updated: Jan 01, 2018 10:30 IST
If you’re a make-up novice, these expert tips will help you learn how to use it to highlight your best features. But don’t forget to wipe it all off before you got to bed every night. Jojoba oil is the best to wipe off layers of make-up products like matte primer, concealer, foundation, blush-on and mascara, say experts.
* Prepare your skin with cleansing, toning and moisturising.
* Use a primer to make a perfect base for your make-up. Conceal the imperfections with a concealer and dab some matte clay foundation with a make-up sponge. Wait till it settles.
*For the cheeks, use a blush and contour the hollow of your cheek and make it intense with a bronzing powder.
* To make your look more natural and radiant, apply blush bake to last.
* To create perfect gradation, highlight cheek bone with same blush highlighting shade.
*For the eyes, use an instant matte eye base prior to the eye shadow. Use a shimmer wave for brow bone, highlighting lighter shade.
* Using black gel pen eyeliner to fill the waterline.
* Finish the eyes by using a fibre lash extension mascara.
* For the lips, before applying a lipstick, remove the dead skin using a lip scuff for smooth effect.
* Prepare your lips with the lip primer.
* Apply lip definer all over the lip and then apply a shine lip liquid.
Make-up removal tips
Take few drops of jojoba oil on cotton swab and apply all over your face thoroughly. The oil penetrates the pores and is known for deep cleansing the skin. The oils make loosen the grip of the make-up on the skin surface and also reach into the pores to extract any impurities clogged it them.
– Inputs from Amit Sarda, managing director at Soulflower and Kalpana Sharma, make-up artist at The Body Shop India.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more