Fashionably in love
The problem with Valentine's day is that it is like a stage play. There's a performance, preceded by several technical rehearsals (read planning what to wear, trying on clothes, shoes, accessories etc..), at the end of which, one always ends up more confused.
Here are a few ideas that will not cost you a bomb (after all, why invest so much money for some thing that lasts a couple of hours at best) and will not cause you undue anxiety.
Women in black
The little or not-so-little black dress- every girl should have it, but only if she finds the perfect one for her.
Often, women buy things that are must haves in their wardrobe, without bothering to examine if it is reflective of their personality.
For example, some girls are gowns, some are A-line, some are asymmetric, some are shifts, while some are plain unpre dictable. So..is your black dress you?
Lady in red
Red is a colour that has somehow got associated with Valentine's day , but do not wear it, if it is not you. Very few women can carry off a red dress. Sometimes, it is a good idea to offset it with a stole or a jacket. Even fewer can carry off red lipstick, so watch out.
Improvisation is key when you have to create a new look for yourself that your beau may not have seen before.
Do you have a paisley silk scarf somewhere in your wardrobe? How about converting it into a tube top by folding it crosswise and tying it around your bust ?
Or even into a sash for your black dress or a neck piece by knotting it up a few times over a low neck dress..
Tone it down
Bling is good, but you might need to think twice before overdoing it. If your clothes are bling, the footwear and bag should preferably be non-bling.
Alternately wear something muted and , go completely bling on your shoes, purse, belt and what not.
The perfect gift. Well, there is no limit to what money can buy, but sometimes, just a T shirt made with a photoprint of you can do the trick.
The Guccis, Valentinos and Tommy Hilfigers can take a walk.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.