Get a party hairdo at home
A simple and trendy hairstyle to make you stand out in a crowd.fashion and trends Updated: Jan 05, 2012 01:35 IST
What does an updo hairstyle remind you of? Yesteryear Hollywood divas, the 90s beauty queens or a complex hairdo that’s difficult to manage! Well, updos done in a casual, nonchalant manner are not only easy to carry off but can instantly make you stand out in a crowd. Makeup artist Ashima Kapoor shows us some easy steps by which you can transform your tresses to an elegant party chignon.
1. Make your hair tangle free. Do not iron as natural curls give body to this style. You can fix heat rollers on the crown area and curl the rest of the hair with curling tongs.
2. Twist the hair towards the right side of your head, roll it gently and pin it up neatly behind the right ear.
3. Take the hair that you rolled earlier and tie it up with Bobby pins at the nape of the neck on the right side. Now tie up the remaining loose hair to form the unkempt chignon.
4. Take the front bangs and braid it — starting from the forhead and going behind the ear. Pin the braid to the chignon.
5. To make your updo look unique, add hair accessories like flowers or a sparkly hair clip at the intersection of the braid and the chignon.
Tools for the look
Wide toothed comb or hair brush
Curling tongs (to add weight)
Bobby pins and hair accessory
Makeup expert: ashima kapoor (www.ashimakapoor.com)
Model: Disha Parmar from elite model management
Photographer: Prabhas Roy