Hair care during Monsoon
Though, short hair is definitely easier to maintain in this season, select a hairstyle that will bounce back into place easily after getting wet.fashion and trends Updated: Jul 20, 2012 02:11 IST
* The right hairstyle: Though, short hair is definitely easier to maintain in this season, select a hairstyle that will bounce back into place easily after getting wet. Avoid hairstyles that require your hair to be straightened, crimped or curled since high humidity levels will make the hair limp.
* Quality products: Invest in quality products and use an anti-humidity hair gel to groom stubborn hair.
* For greasy hair: Oil your hair regularly and go easy on hair dryers and chemical treatment. Try not to use hair sprays and gels, as lacquers and gums can stick to the scalp causing dandruff.
* Dry day: No matter how much trouble you take to keep your head dry, heavy rains can leave them wet. Dry your hair properly as it helps in minimising the damage from excessive wetting of hair. If you dry your hair with a towel, avoid rough back-and-forth motion. Just pat-dry your hair gently before using an electric blower.
* Scalp wise: Do not tie your hair while they are wet, as this could cause dandruff. Rainwater often weakens shaft bonds, which in turn makes hair dull and limp. Always keep your scalp clean and dry.
(with inputs from Vaney Mehra, Hair Expert, Advanced Hair Studio)