Here’s how you can make your precious jewellery look like new over the years
It is not everyday that we buy jewellery and we love all that we own. All our precious ornaments need is a little care and they’d shine as good as new every time you wear them.
Avoid wearing jewellery to shower, in the pool or during any activity in contact with water, and also keep perfumes, harsh cosmetics and make-up away from your jewellery pieces, say experts.
Subhash Naheta, chairman at Jaipur Jewels, lists down some tips to keep in mind:
* Use an eraser to wipe off the marks on gold, jadau and polki jewellery. It is not a good method to clean your jewellery with water as the humidity tends to rust the jewellery.
* Use a mild glass cleanser to clean your diamond and other stone jewellery pieces. To avoid scratches while cleaning, use a soft bristle brush to remove the dirt particles. Use baking soda powder with one tablespoon of water to remove the grim. After all the cleaning is done, use a linen cloth to wipe the jewellery dry.
* Professional cleaning and polishing process to the daily wear pieces once a year is also recommended. Also, one should annually get their jewellery checked to ensure the settings and mountings.
Celebrity jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali, who has Farah Khan Fine Jewellery, says jewellery should be kept in a cool and dry place.
“Pearls must be prevented from soap water or perfumes. Jewellery should not be bent, it should be placed flat on a soft fabric to avoid scratches,” she added.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.