John Abraham's label goes int'l
Model-turned-actor John Abraham's sartorial aspirations seem to have captured the business pulse. His label that hit the stores last year is all set to go international.
Revealing his apparel expansion plans, John said: "Last year we put out exclusive clothes with my brand name into selected outlets in seven cities of India. We gradually created an artificial scarcity for brand. It seems to have worked."
Apparently, fans can't get enough of the Garam Masala star's sartorial line-up, John Abraham apparel, for men and women.
"They're very aspirational clothes and priced likewise. We targeted them for people between the age of 16 and 24. But the core group of buyers for my clothes is between 16 and 40 years," said John.
"In 2008, we're taking my clothes to countries like the US and the UK. The exclusivity factor remains foremost. Even if someone goes to buy John Abraham apparel in the biggest department store in New York, he or she will have a problem getting it. It is not easy reaching out to me. I never want any aspect of my life to be taken for granted. And that goes for my career as well," said the actor, who has only two films lined up in 2008. Sriram Raghavan's untitled venture produced by Rohan Sippy and Karan Johar's film to be directed by Tarun Mansukhani.
"Coincidentally, I will work with Aishwarya Rai in the first and Abhishek in the second. And both are untitled films so far. Maybe we can call them the John Abraham specials," he joked.
John also goes seriously international in 2008 with Deepa Mehta's Luna.
"I already have the name for it - for foreigners, John Abraham is far less difficult to pronounce than Bipasha Basu," he laughed.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut looked radiant in a pink anarkali kurta with full, churidar sleeves, a white churidar and a self printed white dupatta. The Queen actor's look is perfect for the blazing heat of Mumbai.
- Janhvi Kapoor turned 24 today and in order to celebrate the day, we are taking a trip down memory lane and checking out the times she looked marvellous in ethnic attires.
- Allu Arjun is celebrating his 10 year wedding anniversary with wife Sneha Reddy. The fashion icon can carry every style with the utmost comfort and these pictures are proof.
- Sohail Khan's son, Nirvan Khan attended Ibrahim Ali Khan's birthday bash wearing Salman Khan's denim jacket. The piece or art jacket is worth ₹1.2 lakh.
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.