Living Coral is Pantone’s colour of the year 2019. How to wear it
Pantone has been announcing a new colour for every year since the last 19 years and we have been embracing the choices as they not only highlight a certain colour but it always comes with a hidden message, looking at the bigger picture, capturing the spirit of the times we are living in. Every colour has a language that reflects the design and the fashion industry for the entire year in terms of trends and compositions. This year, Living Coral has been chosen to be the Pantone colour of the year, 2019 and we love it. Pantone has described the colour as an “animating and life-affirming coral hue.” The colour represents the essence of nature and how we need to work towards saving it in every way possible as that is the only way to survive at present and in the future.
In 2018, Ultra Violet was announced as the colour of the year in 2018, one of the sexiest and boldest choices made by Pantone in recent years but this year’s choice is like a fresh breeze we all were waiting for. The fashion industry is embracing this vibrant yet subtle colour and you can incorporate it in your wardrobe as well as beauty palette. Living Coral falls between a natural pink and a dominant orange. The colour was chosen by a 20-person team after an intensive research worldwide, keeping the trends, colour influences and the current design movement in mind.
Moving on from last year’s Ultra Violet, 2019’s colour of the year is “Living Coral”, as it’s “an animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge”. More importantly, the selection acknowledges the significance coral reefs have as one of the most important ecosystems on earth, since they “provide shelter to a diverse kaleidoscope of colour”.
The colour of 2019 is full of energy and the choice of Living Coral also highlights the importance of coral reefs and its impact of the environment. Gigi Hadid recently wore the coral shade with Moschino Milano trench paired with custom-made Ronald van der Kemp blouse and cotton jeans with intricate lace patterns on it.
You can embrace this colour in many ways, be it a lip colour, eye shadow or blush as far as the make-up palette is concerned. This colour also works well across fabrics and textures as it blends well with other colours and as for winters, it really stands out amid blacks and browns. Come fall in love with the peachy vibe, as much as we do.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.